2D echocardiography Doppler echocardiography
- A noninvasive diagnostic method that uses ultrasound to visualize cardiacAshoka Saraca asoca Ayurvedic Medicinal Plant. Read more ... » structures.
- Shows global or RWMA (Regional Wall Motion Abnormality) in infarction and ischemia.
- in which dobutamine is given to patients to increase the workload of the heartAshoka Saraca asoca Ayurvedic Medicinal Plant. Read more ... », and then the heart is evaluated with ultrasonic imaging.
Types of echocardiography –
- Doppler echocardiography
- transesophageal echocardiography:
- transthoracic echocardiography
- multidimensional visualization echocardiography
Dobutamine / Stress echocardiography :
- may show areas of dysfunction not seen in rest echocardiography.
- Stress echo is more sensitive than TMT for dia nosis
- Dobutamine stress echocardiography is an important noninvasive clinicalFever Common Causes And Treatment of Fever. Read more ... » tool for the detection of hibernating myocardium
- Impaired left ventricular (LV) function in patients with coronary heart diseaseFever Common Causes And Treatment of Fever. Read more ... » is often a partially reversible process
- Transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) is the primary noninvasive imaging of cardiac anatomy and function ,modality for quantitative and qualitative evaluation .
- The positive and negative predictive accuracy of dobutamine infusion for predicting functional improvement of dysfunctional segments after CABG was 91 and 82 percent, respectively.
- 48 of 79 (61 percent) dysfunctional, hypoperfused segments which had inotropic reserve,
- In 31 segments in which systolic function did not improve after CABG
- at least one wall motion score index grade with dobutamine infusion, showed improved regional function after CABG.
- Another factor associated with functional improvement and prognosis after revascularization is the amount of “hibernating” myocardium.