- ArkaARKA Calotropis procera Ayurvedic Medicine for piles and Anal Fistula. Read more ... » is a liquid preparation obtained by distillation of certain liquids or drugs soaked
in water using the Arkayantra or any convenient modern distillation apparatus.
Method of preparation of ARKA
- The drugs are cleaned and coarsely powdered. Some quantity of water is added to the
drugs for soaking and kept over-night.
- This makes the drugs soft and when boiled releases the essential volatile principles easily.
- The following morning it is poured into the Arka yantra and the remaining water is added and boiled.
- The vapour is condensed and collected
in a receiver.
- In the beginning, the vapour consists of only steam and may not contain the
essential principles of the drugs.
- It should therefore be discarded. The last portion also may
not contain therapeutically essential substance and should be discarded.
- The aliquots
collected in between contain the active ingredients and may be mixed together to ensure
uniformity of the arka.
Characteristics of ARKA
- Arka is a suspension of the distillate in water having slight turbidity and colour according to
the nature of the drugs used and smell of the predominant drugLeishmaniasis or Kala-azar vector-borne disease by protozoa called Leishmania Diagnosis Treatment. Read more ... ».