VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYAGUGGULU exudate of CORMIPHORA MUKUL TRIDOSHHARA. Read more ... » First of these drugs is—RASNA
can be given VATAOverview of Basics of AYURVEDA With Fundamentals. Read more ... » AND KAFA DISORDERS,digests AAM DOSHABiochemical analysis of Dosha Dhatu Mala In Ayurveda. Read more ... »
and can be given in GULMAARAGVADHA Cassia Fistula Ayurvedic Drug for Prameha Udavarta Gulma Vibandha Udararoga. Read more ... », STOMACH ACHE, CONSTIPATIONAyurveda Drugs USTUKHUDUS LAVANDULA STOECHAS Specifically work on the CNS and GIT Disorders. Read more ... »,
it can be given in VATARAKTA (goutDisease of Joints and Musculoskeletal Disorders OSTEOARTHRITIS and GOUT. Read more ... ») and other blood disordersHemoglobinopathies Sickle cell Thalssemia Diagnosis Treatment. Read more ... »,
it reduces oedema, produces warmth, reduces pain, its decoction can be given in painful conditions.
|VEDNASTHAPANPARSEEK YAVANI HYOSCYAMUS NIGER VEDNASTHAPAN (ANALGESIC) with MAADAK(NARCOTIC) properties works on CNS. Read more ... » RASNA PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA|
- in ayurvedaAmalaki Emblica officinalis Ayurvedic Medicine of Raktapitta Amlapitta Prameha. Read more ... » VEDNA is a general term used for conditions in which a person experiences happiness or sadness.drugs which reduce or suppress sadness and produce a positive effect on the physical and mental states especially regarding painful conditions are hence called ANALGESICS.
VEDNASTHAPAN – TO SETTLE DOWN PAIN OR ANY NEGATIVE STATE OF MIND AND BODY.
- it is believed that every kind of stimulus or sensation travels in the body through VATA DOSHATridosha Vata Pitta and Kapha in Ayurveda. Read more ... ».But when this vata dosha rises above it’s normal level it leads to the development of many kinds of painful conditions in the body.painful conditions in the body are almost always related to raised VATA DOSHAS.
- Therefore, these drugs act towards reducing vata doshas as also these drugs have USHNA VIRYA and are hence vata dosha suppressants.
- some of these drugs are SNIGDH (remove dryness) and some are RUKSH(dry).
- USHNA GUNA reduces VATA DOSHA and SNIGDH GUNA increases the KAFA DOSHA, which also has a hypnotic effect.drugs that are ruksh at times in overdoses or excessive use increase the vata dosha and lead to CONVULSIVE conditions.
- it is also said that these drugs act on the THALAMUS to reduce pain.
|PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA RASNA VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA|
RASNA FAMILY –
LATIN NAME –
- PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA
SANSKRIT NAME –
- RASNA ( leaves are tongue shaped,increase RASADiagnostic Methods in Ayurveda Trividh Pariksha. Read more ... » dhatuBiochemical analysis of Dosha Dhatu Mala In Ayurveda. Read more ... »)
- UKTA( useful in many diseases )
- ELAPARNI(leaves are like elaichi)
HINDI NAME –
|VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA drugs is—RASNA|
PLACE OF ORIGIN –
- areas around the ganga river,
- VISHAGHNA (cuts out poisonous effects)
|PLUCHEA LANCEOLATA RASNA|
ACTIONS AND USES –
- It is amongst the best of vata reducing drugs.
- can be given VATA AND KAFA DISORDERS.
- it reduces oedema, produces warmth, reduces pain.
- its decoction can be given in painful conditions.
- digests AAM DOSHA and can be given in GULMA, STOMACH ACHE, CONSTIPATION.
- it can be given in VATARAKTA (gout) and other blood disorders.
- it is a blood purifier.
- also helpful in respiratory disorders like TUBERCULOSISLeprosy Hansen's Disease types Causes of leprosy sign and Symptoms With Treatment. Read more ... » and DYSPNOESA.
- ALSO REDUCES FEVERHow to Manage Hay Fever at Home. Read more ... ».
- it is antipoisonous, improves strength and acts as RASAYAN( improves strength, delays ageing and improves health)
USEFUL PARTS -
STANDARD DOSAGE -
- DECOCTION- 50-100 ml
MEDICINAL PREPARATIONS -
- RASNADI OIL,
- RASNADI GHRAT.