Post Contents List
Dengue Classical dengue fever Dengue haemorrhagic fever Diagnosis Signs and symptoms Treatment
Dengue viruses are arboviruses which infect humans and cause diseaseCOMPLICATIONS OF Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) AND TREATMENT -2. Read more ... ».
|Dengue viruses are arboviruses which infect humans and cause disease|
Dengue infection may be
- 1. Asymptomatic
- 2. Classical dengue fever
- 3. Dengue haemorrhagic fever
- 4. Dengue haemorrhagic fever with shockShock Presentation Risk Factors Pathogenesis Management Treatment. Read more ... »
- It is an arthropod-borne disease. The insect vector is the Aedes aegypti.
|The insect Dengue vector is the Aedes aegypti|
Classical dengue fever
- Also called breakbone fever. It is an acuteCOMPLICATIONS OF Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) AND TREATMENT -2. Read more ... » illness caused by the bite of ae es mosquito.
- Incubation period is 5-6 days.
- There is sudden onset fever with chills, headacheHeadache. Read more ... », muscle and joint pains which may be very severe.
|Classical dengue fever Signs and symptoms|
- There is pain in the eyes and photophobia.
- There is extreme weakness, pain in abdomen, sore throat and depression.
- Fever may be very high and may disappear in two days.
- Skin eruption appears in 2 days and lasts for 2 days only.
The rashes are like very tiny pin-point eruptions on face, neck and chest. Later, i.e. on the 4th day maculopapular rashes may be seen with itching. The rash lasts for a few days.
|Dengue haemorrhagic fever Diagnosis Signs and symptoms|
Dengue haemorrhagic fever
- It is a severe form of dengue with incubation period of 4-6 days.
- There is high fever, anorexia, vomitingNausea and Vomiting. Read more ... », pain in abdomen.
- Rashes are uncommon.
- There is marked thrombocytopenia.
- There are petechiae, purpura, epistaxis, bleeding gums, hematemesis, malena and hepatomegalyAlcoholic Liver Disease Diagnosis CAGE criteria and Treatment. Read more ... ».
- There may be circulatory failure or hypotension, cold clammy skin, restlessness and even profound shock.
|Dengue fever Dengue haemorrhagic feve|
- Thrombocytopenia – 100 thousand per mm3 or less. Hematocrit increased by 20% or more.
- Features of shock are seen.
- Complete Bed rest
- Antipyretics and sponging Oral fluids and electrolytes IV fluids.