Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DEOSONE Has Generic Salt :: Dexamethasone
- 2 DEOSONE Is From Company P C INDIA Priced :: Rs. 12.50/38.00/85.00
- 3 DEOSONE have Dexamethasone is comes under Sub class Corticosteroids of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Corticosteroids
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DEOSONE Has Generic Salt :: Dexamethasone
DEOSONE Is From Company P C INDIA Priced :: Rs. 12.50/38.00/85.00
DEOSONE have Dexamethasone is comes under Sub class Corticosteroids of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Corticosteroids
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Steroid responsive inflammatory conditions of the palpebral and bulbar conjunctiva, cornea, and anterior segment of the globe, such as conjunctivitis, keratitis, iritis, scleritis, corneal injury from chemical or thermal burns, or penetration of foreign bodies. It is also effective post-operatively.
Drug Dose ::
As 0.05% ointment: Apply 0.5-1 inch ribbon of ointment into the conjunctival sac(s) up to 4 times daily. Reduce to once daily dosing once conditon has improved.
Patients wearing contact lenses, herpes simplex & other virus conditions, mycosis, glaucoma, new born babies, fungal diseases of ocular or auricular structures, hypersensitivity to any component of this product.
Drug Precautions ::
Patients with hypothyroidism; cirrhosis, hypertension, CHF, ulcerative colitis, thromboembolic disorders, osteoporosis, glaucoma, cataracts or TB of the eye, diabetes, peptic ulcer. Monitor blood glucose levels in diabetics and coagulation indices in patients on warfarin. Elderly, children and adolescent; pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Topical application to eye: Corneal ulcers, glaucoma and reduced visual ability. A slight burning sensation may occur for a short time after instilling into the eye. After several weeks of administration to predisposed patients there may be a reversible increase in intraocular pressure. Regular pressure checks are advisable. Systemic adverse reactions may also occur after long-term topical application of corticosteriod in children. Others include cataract and corneal softening.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Dexamethasone is a synthetic glucocorticoid which decreases inflammation by inhibiting the migration of leukocytes and reversal of increased capillary permeability. It suppresses normal immune response.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of hypokalaemia when used concurrently with potassium-depleting drugs such as amphotericin B and loop diuretics. Reduces efficacy of isoniazid, salicylates, vaccines and toxoids. Increased activity of dexamethasone and cyclosporin when used together. Concurrent use with aspirin or ethanol may lead to increased GI side effects. Potentially Fatal: Reduced efficacy in combination with ephedrine, cholestyramine, phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampicin.