Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name DISTACLOR Has Generic Salt :: Cefaclor
- 2 DISTACLOR Is From Company Eli Lilly Priced :: Rs. 174
- 3 DISTACLOR have Cefaclor is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name DISTACLOR Has Generic Salt :: Cefaclor
DISTACLOR Is From Company Eli Lilly Priced :: Rs. 174
DISTACLOR have Cefaclor is comes under Sub class Cephalosporins of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Cephalosporins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pneumonia, Meningitis, Peritonitis, Otitis media, Septicaemia, Biliary-tract infections, Urinary-tract infections, Skin and skin structure infections, Upper and lower respiratory tract infections, Pharyngitis and Tonsillitis
Drug Dose ::
Oral Urinary tract infections, Upper and lower respiratory tract infections, Skin infections, Otitis media Adult: As monohydrate: 250-500 mg every 8 hr. Max: 4 g daily. Child: >1 mth: 20 mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses, increased to 40 mg/kg daily if necessary, <1 yr: 62.5 mg tid, 1-5 yr: 125 mg tid, >5 yr: 250 mg tid. Suspension & Paediatric Drops: 1 month – 1 year 2.5 ml t.i.d. 0.625 ml t.i.d 1 year – 5 year 5 ml t.i.d. 1.25 ml t.i.d over 5 years 10 ml t.i.d 2.5 ml t.i.d
Known hypersensitivity to cephalosporins.
Drug Precautions ::
Severe renal impairment; history of allergy to penicillin; pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Allergic reactions; diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting; candidiasis, eosinophilia; elevated transaminases. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylactic reaction; pseudomembranous colitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Cefaclor binds to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which inhibits the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell wall, thus inhibiting biosynthesis and arresting cell wall assembly resulting in bacterial cell death. It has bactericidal activity against gm-ve bacteria including E. coli, S. pneumoniae, N. gonorrhoea, P. mirabilis and H. influenzae.
Drug Interactions ::
May enhance the nephrotoxic effect of aminoglycosides. May diminish the therapeutic effect of BCG, typhoid vaccine and Na picosulfate. Concomitant use w/ warfarin may increase prothrombin time. Probenecid inhibits renal excretion of cefaclor.
Be the first to leave a review.