Eisenmenger syndromeMetabolic,Insulin Resistance Syndrome X Causes Symptoms. Read more ... » (ASDAtrial Septal Defect ASD Clinical features Physical Exam with Treatment. Read more ... », VSDVentricular Septal Defect (VSD) CLINICAL FEATURES and examination Investigations with Treatment. Read more ... », PDAPatent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Clinical features Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » With PAH with reversal of shunt – Right-to-Ieft shunt)
- Eisenmenger described a syndrome in which pulmonary vascular diseaseThyroid Goiter. Read more ... » developed in patients with a nonrestrictive ventricular septal defectVentricular Septal Defect (VSD) CLINICAL FEATURES and examination Investigations with Treatment. Read more ... »,
- There is cyanosis, JVPExamination of arterial pressure pulse with Jugular Venous Pulse (JVP). Read more ... » is normal, there is no parasternal heave, palpable pulmonary trunk in left second intercostal space. There are signsCONSTIPATION Causes Risk Factors and Constipation Treatment Management. Read more ... » of pulmonary hypertension – pulmonary ejection systolic murmur, pulmonary ejection sound, loud and single S2, Graham Steell murmur.
- The triad of systemic-to-pulmonary communication, pulmonary vascular disease and cyanosis is called Eisenmenger syndrome,
- diagnosis of Eisenmenger syndrome requires the presence of congenital heartFirst degree AV block,Second degree AV block (Mobitz type I,Mobitz type Il),Third degree AV block. Read more ... » disease,
- Physical examination of the patient with Eisenmenger syndrome demonstrates central cyanosis and digital clubbing,
- risk of developing the Eisenmenger syndrome appears to be determined by the size of the initial left-to-right shunt
- Shows normal or right atrialp tricular hyportrophy.
- Shows oligemic lung fields, dilated pulmonary trunk and central branches and normal cardiacFirst degree AV block,Second degree AV block (Mobitz type I,Mobitz type Il),Third degree AV block. Read more ... » shadow.
- chest x-ray usually shows dilatation of the central pulmonary arteries, peripheral pulmonary artery “pruning”
- Infective endocarditisGram-Positive STAPHYLOCOCCAL Bacterial Infections Causes Diagnosis Treatment. Read more ... »
- Coagulation defects
- Cerebral infarction or abscess
- Paradoxic embolism
Eisenmenger syndrome TreatmentThyroid Goiter. Read more ... »
- Corrective operation should be done at suitable age.
- If there is marked hypoplasia of pulmonary arteries, a palliative operation like a systemic arterial to pulmonary arterial shunt is done followed by complete correction years later.