Now we are starting the series of – Cardiovascular SystemClonidine. Read more ... »
The general appearance should be evaluated.
- A patient with low cardiacSick Sinus Syndrome SSS Symptoms Causes Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » output looks tired and breathless.
- [intlink id=”225″ type=”post” /]
- A patient of pulmonary congestion / pulmonary edemaPulmonary Edema Causes Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » is breathless and respiratory rate is increased.
- Central cyanosis with clubbing indicates right to left cardiac shunt.
- In heartSick Sinus Syndrome SSS Symptoms Causes Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » failure the patient looks cyanosed with cool skinAdenosine. Read more ... ».
- A patient of infective endocarditisInfective Endocarditis Causes of Infective Endocarditis TREATMENT of Infective Endocarditis. Read more ... » has petechiae, Osler’s nodes (Osler’s nodes are tender painful pulps of finger tips).
- The blood pressure is measured in both arms and with patient supine and upright.
- Heart rate is counted.
- All the peripheral pulses are examined like radial brachial, carotids, dorsalis pedis, posterior tibial, popliteal and femoral arteries.
- Fundoscopy should be done.
The abdomen is examined –
- abdominal aorta is palpated, pulsations of liver may be seen due to tricuspid regurgitation, epigastric pulsations may be seen due to right ventricular hypertrophy or abdominal aortic aneurysmAORTIC ANEURYSM THORACIC AORTIC ANEURYSM and ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM Etiology Symptoms with Treatment. Read more ... ».
- Ascites may be due to heart failureHeart Failure Treatment Heart Failure GENERAL PRINCIPLES. Read more ... » or constrictive pericarditisCHRONIC CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITIS Physical findings and Treatment. Read more ... ».
- systolic bruit over the kidneys may be due to renalDiabetic Nephropathy and Renal complications of DM (Diabetes Mellitus). Read more ... » artery stenosis and systemic hypertensionDiabetic Nephropathy and Renal complications of DM (Diabetes Mellitus). Read more ... ».
- after this in next post we will discus deep examination of Cardiovascular System
This is the Beginning of Cardiac systems subscribe for all upcoming Posts of the Cardiovascular System