Now we are starting the series of – Cardiovascular SystemECG General description with Basic idea of 12 Leads with Positions On Body. Read more ... »
The general appearance should be evaluated.
- A patient with low cardiacECG General description with Basic idea of 12 Leads with Positions On Body. Read more ... » output looks tired and breathless.
- [intlink id="225" type="post" /]
- A patient of pulmonary congestion / pulmonary edemaPulmonary Edema Causes Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » is breathless and respiratory rate is increased.
- Central cyanosis with clubbing indicates right to left cardiac shunt.
- In heartECG General description with Basic idea of 12 Leads with Positions On Body. Read more ... » failure the patient looks cyanosed with cool skin.
- A patient of infective endocarditisGram-Positive STAPHYLOCOCCAL Bacterial Infections Causes Diagnosis Treatment. Read more ... » has petechiae, Osler’s nodes (Osler’s nodes are tender painful pulps of finger tips).
- The blood pressureChronic Long-term Complications Of Diabetes Mellitus. Read more ... » is measured in both arms and with patient supine and upright.
- Heart rate is counted.
- All the peripheral pulses are examined like radial brachial, carotids, dorsalis pedis, posterior tibial, popliteal and femoral arteries.
- Fundoscopy should be done.
The abdomen is examined -
- abdominal aorta is palpated, pulsations of liver may be seen due to tricuspid regurgitation, epigastric pulsations may be seen due to right ventricular hypertrophy or abdominal aortic aneurysmAORTIC ANEURYSM THORACIC AORTIC ANEURYSM and ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM Etiology Symptoms with Treatment. Read more ... ».
- Ascites may be due to heart failureHeart Failure Treatment Heart Failure GENERAL PRINCIPLES. Read more ... » or constrictive pericarditisCHRONIC CONSTRICTIVE PERICARDITIS Physical findings and Treatment. Read more ... ».
- systolic bruit over the kidneys may be due to renalDiabetic Nephropathy and Renal complications of DM (Diabetes Mellitus). Read more ... » artery stenosis and systemic hypertensionGREEN TEA Health Benefits. Read more ... ».
- after this in next post we will discus deep examination of Cardiovascular System
This is the Beginning of Cardiac systems subscribe for all upcoming Posts of the Cardiovascular System