Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FAMCIMAC Has Generic Salt :: FAMCICLOVIR
- 2 FAMCIMAC Is From Company Macleods Priced :: Rs. 79
- 3 FAMCIMAC have FAMCICLOVIR is comes under Sub class Anti Virals (Non Retroviral) of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Virals (Non Retroviral)
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FAMCIMAC Has Generic Salt :: FAMCICLOVIR
FAMCIMAC Is From Company Macleods Priced :: Rs. 79
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Genital herpes, Herpes zoster, Herpes labialis, CMV infections, Mucocutaneous herpes
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Herpes zoster 250 mg 3 times/day for 7 days. Renal impairment: For immunocompromised patients: CrCl >40 ml/min: 500 mg tid; 30-39 ml/min: 250 mg tid; 10-29 ml/min: 125 mg tid. CrCl (ml/min) 30-59 For immunocompetent patients: 250 mg bid. 10-29 For immunocompetent patients: 250 mg once daily. Recurrent episodes of genital herpes 125 mg twice daily for 5 days. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 10-29 For immunocompetent patients: 125 mg once daily. Suppression of recurrent episodes of genital herpes 250 mg twice daily. Recurrent mucocutaneous herpes in HIV-infected patients 500 mg twice daily for 7 days. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) >30 For immunocompetent patients: 250 mg bid. 10-29 For immunocompetent patients: 125 mg bid Genital herpes For 1st episodes: 250 mg 3 times/day for 5 days. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 30-59 For immunocompetent patients: 250 mg bid. 10-29 For immunocompetent patients: 250 mg once daily. Recurrent herpes labialis 1.5 g as a single dose at the 1st sign or symptom.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment. Pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness, headache, diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting, hallucinations, confusion, pruritus, abdominal pain, fever.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Famciclovir rapidly undergoes biotransformation to penciclovir, which has inhibitory activity against HSV types 1 (HSV-1) and 2 (HSV-2) varicella-zoster virus (VZV). Thymidine kinase then phosphorylates penciclovir to a monophosphate form, which is then converted to penciclovir triphosphate. This inhibits HSV-2 DNA polymerase by competing with deoxyguanosine triphosphate, thus inhibiting herpes viral DNA synthesis and replication.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced renal excretion resulting to increased plasma concentration w/ probenecid. Raloxifen may reduce the formation of penciclovir, the active metabolite of famciclovir.