Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name FINTRIDE Has Generic Salt :: Finasteride
- 2 FINTRIDE Is From Company Kopran Priced :: Rs. 85
- 3 FINTRIDE have Finasteride is comes under Sub class Trichological Drugs of Main Class Skin
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Skin Sub Medicine Class :: Trichological Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name FINTRIDE Has Generic Salt :: Finasteride
FINTRIDE Is From Company Kopran Priced :: Rs. 85
FINTRIDE have Finasteride is comes under Sub class Trichological Drugs of Main Class Skin
Main Medicine Class:: Skin Sub Medicine Class :: Trichological Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Male pattern baldness, Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Benign prostatic hyperplasia 5 mg once daily. Male pattern baldness 1 mg once daily
Children, exposure of pregnant women to finasteride either via direct contact with crushed tab or through semen of male sexual partners who are taking finasteride; pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Undiagnosed prostate cancer, liver dysfunction, obstructive uropathy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Gynaecomastia, decreased libido, impotence, reduction in the volume of ejaculate, testicular pain. Hypersensitivity reactions e.g. swelling of lips and face, urticaria, rashes.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Finasteride is a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), thus resulting in decreased serum levels of DHT.
Drug Interactions ::
No drug interactions of clinical importance have been identified. Proscar does not appear to affect significantly the cytochrome P-450-linked drug metabolizing enzyme system. Compounds which have been tested in man have included propranolol, digoxin, glyburide, warfarin, theophylline and antipyrine, and no clinically meaningful interactions were found. Other Concomitant Therapy: Although specific interaction studies were not performed, in clinical studies Proscar was used concomitantly with angiotensin converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, acetaminophen, acetylsalicylic acid, ?-blockers, ?-blockers, calcium-channel blockers, cardiac nitrates, diuretics, H2-antagonists, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), quinolones and benzodiazepines without evidence of clinically significant adverse interactions.