Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name GLOCID Has Generic Salt :: Magaldrate
- 2 GLOCID Is From Company Globus Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 GLOCID have Magaldrate is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name GLOCID Has Generic Salt :: Magaldrate
GLOCID Is From Company Globus Priced :: Rs. 35
GLOCID have Magaldrate is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Peptic ulcers, GERD, Heartburn, Gastritis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO: 1-3 tablets, after meals and at bed time. 5-10 mL (1-2 teaspoonfuls) between meals and not to exceed 80 mL (16 teaspoonfuls) in 24-hour period
Magaldrate is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to magnesium and aluminium. It is also contraindicated in patients with impaired renal functions.
Drug Precautions ::
Care should be taken in decreased kidney function, hypophosphataemia and weak people.
Drug Side Effects ::
Constipation and diarrhea may occur.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Magaldrate is a hydroxymagnesium aluminate complex that is rapidly converted in gastric acid to magnesium and aluminium hydroxide, which is poorly absorbed and provides a sustained antacid effect with balanced efects on intestinal motility; increases lower esophageal sphincter tone and inhibits smooth muscle contraction and gastric emptying.
Drug Interactions ::
Magaldrate may negatively influence drugs like tetracyclines, benzodiazepines, and indomethacin. High doses or prolonged usage may lead to an increment of defecation and a reduction in feces consistence. In some cases it can alter the functionality of the gastrointestinal tract, occasionally provoking constipation or diarrhea.
Be the first to leave a review.