Article Contents ::
All about Bacterial Infections LEGIONELLA INFECTION
- Caused by Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms
|Bacterial Infections Caused by Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION|
- It causes Pontiac fever and Legionnaires’ disease. Pontiac fever is an acute febrile self-limited illness. Legionnaires’ disease is pneumonia caused by Legionella.
- It is classified as atypici– pneumonia along with the other causes like Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Coxiella and some viruses.
- There is LlQD.:productive cough, hemoptysis and sometimes dyspnoea.
- In Legionnaires’ disease there is diarrhoea high fever, hyponatraemia, and no response to penicillin, cephalosporins and aminoglycosides.
|Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION|
- Diagnosis is by isolation of the organism from respiratory secretions.
|Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION diagnosis|