Post Contents List
All about Bacterial InfectionsToxoplasma Infection Transmission Clinical Manifestations Diagnosis Treatment. Read more ... » LEGIONELLA INFECTION
- Caused by Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION with diagnosisAll Types of Fever. Read more ... » TreatmentAll Types of Fever. Read more ... » SignsAll Types of Fever. Read more ... » and symptomsAll Types of Fever. Read more ... »
|Bacterial Infections Caused by Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION|
- It causesAll Types of Fever. Read more ... » Pontiac fever and Legionnaires’ diseaseAll Types of Fever. Read more ... ». Pontiac fever is an acuteAll Types of Fever. Read more ... » febrile self-limited illness. Legionnaires’ disease is pneumonia caused by Legionella.
- It is classified as atypici– pneumonia along with the other causes like Chlamydia, MycoplasmaMycoplasma and Chalmydial Infections Signs and Symptoms with Treatment. Read more ... », Coxiella and some viruses.
- There is LlQD.:productive coughInfluenza SARS and Whooping Cough Signs and Symptoms with Diagnosis and Treatment. Read more ... », hemoptysis and sometimes dyspnoea.
- In Legionnaires’ disease there is diarrhoeaInfections CHOLERA Caused by Vibrio cholerae with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms. Read more ... » high fever, hyponatraemia, and no response to penicillin, cephalosporins and aminoglycosides.
|Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION|
- Diagnosis is by isolation of the organism from respiratory secretions.
|Gram–Negative LEGIONELLA INFECTION diagnosis|
LEGIONELLA INFECTION Treatment :
- AZithromycin – 500 mg oral or IV OD
- Clarithromycin – 500 mg oral or IV 12 hrly
- Levofloxacin – 750 mg IV OD or orally
- Ciprofloxacin – 500mg BD
- Ofloxacin – 400mg BD
- Tetracyclines – 100 mg orally 12 hrly or doxycycline.