All about Bacterial Infections Caused by Gram-Positive Streptococci with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms
|Bacterial Infections Caused by Gram-Positive Streptococci|
The infections caused by Streptococci are
- · Pharyngitis
- · Cellulitis
- · Neonatal sepsis and meningitis
- · Urinary tract infection
- · Diabetic ulcer infection
- · Endocarditis
- Septic arthritis
- Dental abscess
- Brain abscess
- Liver abscess
|Streptococci with diagnosis Treatment Signs and symptoms|
- Penicillin Clindamycin
- Ampicillin + Gentamycin Imipenem
- Streptomyci n
- Ampicillin + Sulbactum Amoxycillin + Clavulanate Linezolid.
|TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME|
TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME —
- Causative agent is Staphylococcus aureus, and Strep tococcus pyogenes.
- Temperature is more then — 102°F
- There is hypotension, syncope, dizziness. There is macular rash allover.
- There is multisystem involvement – liver, kidney, mucus membranes, gastrointestinal, muscles, CNS.
- Therefore there is hepatic failure, renal failure, plate let count less than 100,000 /JJL, myalgias, vomiting, diarrhoea, unconsciousness.
- Su pportive therapy, antibiotics-PeniciIIin, Clindamycin IV Ig.