Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name HYTRIN Has Generic Salt :: Terazosin
- 2 HYTRIN Is From Company Abbott Priced :: Rs. 97
- 3 HYTRIN have Terazosin is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name HYTRIN Has Generic Salt :: Terazosin
HYTRIN Is From Company Abbott Priced :: Rs. 97
HYTRIN have Terazosin is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Hypertension, Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO HTN; Benign prostatic hyperplasia Initial: 1 mg at bedtime, gradually increase if needed. Maintenance: 2-10 mg once daily (HTN); 5-10 mg once daily (benign prostatic hyperplasia). Max: 20 mg/day in 1-2 divided doses.
Hypersensitivity to quinazoline derivatives.
Drug Precautions ::
Elderly. Syncope and orthostatic associated with first dose phenomenon. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Orthostatic hypotension, syncope, dizziness, fatigue, somnolence, peripheral oedema, headache, nasal congestion, nausea, blurred vision, postural hypotension, palpitations, priapism.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Terazosin is an ?1-adrenoceptor antagonist which blocks peripheral postsynaptic receptors resulting to decreased arterial tone. It relaxes smooth muscle of the bladder neck causing a reduction of bladder outlet obstruction.
Drug Interactions ::
Concomitant admin w/ phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors (e.g. sildenafil) can result in additive BP lowering effects and symptomatic hypotension. Possible significant hypotension when admin w/ other antihypertensive agents e.g. verapamil.
Be the first to leave a review.