JALVETAS SALIX TETRASPERMA Ayurveda Drugs Basic information
- SALIX TETRASPERMA
- Indian willow
- In Manipur (NE India), the new flowers of Indian Willow, locally known as ঊযুম (Ooyum) are eaten, and are considered delicious.
- ACTIONS AND USES ARE
ACTIONS AND USES-
- VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA (Analgesics) work on Nervous System
- IT REDUCES KAFA AND PITTA DOSHAS.
- IT IS USED IN EYE IRRITATIONS AND HEADACHE.
- it also strengthens the heart and can be given in bleeding disorders.
- it can also be given to reduce haemetemesis, bronchiectasis and dyspnoea.
- it’s decoction is used in piles to reduce pain and stop bleeding.
- it acts as a digestive and reduces water content from the faecal matter.
- it acts as a diuretic and hence can be given in dysurea and renal stones.
- it acts as an aphrodiasic and can be given in problems related to nightfall.(20 drops half an hour before sleeping taken along with 30 ml of water)
- also relieves vaginal problems.
- helpful in hyperpyrexial conditions.
- SUGARS EXTRACTED FROM ITS LEAVES.
- BARK AND FLOWERS
- DECOCTION- 25 – 50 ml
- JUICE 25- 50 ml
- ARK – 25 – 50 ml
- ARK BEDMUSHK.