Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name JANUVIA Has Generic Salt :: SITAGLIPTIN
- 2 JANUVIA Is From Company MSD PH. Priced :: Rs. 299
- 3 JANUVIA have SITAGLIPTIN is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name JANUVIA Has Generic Salt :: SITAGLIPTIN
JANUVIA Is From Company MSD PH. Priced :: Rs. 299
JANUVIA have SITAGLIPTIN is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Drug Dose ::
The recommended dose of Sitagliptin is 100 mg once daily. Sitagliptin can be taken with or without food. For patients with mild renal insufficiency ( creatinine clearance [CrCl]>50ml/min), no dosage adjustment is required. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 30-<50 50 mg daily. <30 25 mg daily; may be given without regard to the timing of the haemodialysis. Pediatric Use: Safety and effectiveness of Sitagliptin in pediatric patients under 18 years of age have not been established. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity reactions such as anaphylaxis, angioedema, and exfoliative skin conditions including Stevens-Johnson syndrome can occur. Type 1 diabetes. Diabetic ketoacidosis.
Drug Precautions ::
Discontinue treatment if there are signs of hypersensitivity. Caution when used with sulphonylureas and/or other antidiabetic medications; monitor blood glucose regularly. Renal impairment; dose adjustment may be needed. Children <18 yr. Pregnancy, lactation. Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, diarrhoea, upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis. Angioedema, exfoliative dermatitis. Hypoglycemia occurs in patients treated with the combination of Sitagliptin and sulfonylurea, with or without Metformin. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis and/or severe dermatologic reactions such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Sitagliptin inhibits dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV), resulting in prolonged active incretin levels. Incretin hormones increases insulin synthesis and release from pancreatic ?-cells and reduces glucagon secretion from pancreatic ?-cells. Reduced glucagon secretion leads to decreased hepatic glucose production.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of hypoglycaemia when used in combination w/ sulfonylureas or insulin.
Be the first to leave a review.