Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name LEVACETAM Has Generic Salt :: LEVETIRACETAM
- 2 LEVACETAM Is From Company Micro Labs Priced :: Rs. 140
- 3 LEVACETAM have LEVETIRACETAM is comes under Sub class Anti Epileptics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Epileptics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name LEVACETAM Has Generic Salt :: LEVETIRACETAM
LEVACETAM Is From Company Micro Labs Priced :: Rs. 140
LEVACETAM have LEVETIRACETAM is comes under Sub class Anti Epileptics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Epileptics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO/IV Adjunct in partial seizures Adult: Initially, 500 mg bid on the 1st day. May increase in steps of 1 g at 2-4 wk intervals until effective antiepileptic control is achieved. Max: 3 g/day. Child: 4-15 yr (<50 kg): Initially 10 mg/kg bid. May be increased by 10 mg/kg bid at 2-wk intervals. Adolescents >16 yr or 50 kg initially 500 mg bid. May be increased by 500 mg bid at 2-4 wk intervals. Max: 60 mg/kg/day. Monotherapy for partial seizures with or without secondary generalisation Adult: Initially 500 mg daily, increased after 2 wk to 1 g daily. May further increase in steps of 500 mg at 2 wk intervals. Max: 3 g/day. Renal impairment: Suitable total daily dose (given as 2 divided doses) based on CrCl. CrCl (ml/min) 50-79 1 – 2 g 30-50 500 mg – 1.5 g <30 500 mg - 1 g Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
Renal and hepatic impairment; pregnancy, lactation; patients undergoing haemodialysis. If psychotic symptoms (eg hallucination) and behavioural symptoms (eg agitation, anxiety) occur, reduce dosage. Abrupt withdrawal may result in increased seizure frequency. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery during initial therapy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Somnolence, asthenia, dizziness, vertigo, depression, emotional instability, hostility, nervousness, ataxia, tremor, amnesia, headache, nausea, dyspepsia, diarrhoea, anorexia, rash, diplopia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Anticonvulsant used in the treatment of partial seizures. The precise mechanism of anticonvulsant effect is unknown.
Drug Interactions ::
Enzyme-inducing antiepiletic drugs.