Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MENTADEM Has Generic Salt :: MEMANTINE
- 2 MENTADEM Is From Company Torrent Priced :: Rs. 48
- 3 MENTADEM have MEMANTINE is comes under Sub class Nootropics , Neurotonics,Stimulants of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Nootropics , Neurotonics,Stimulants
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MENTADEM Has Generic Salt :: MEMANTINE
MENTADEM Is From Company Torrent Priced :: Rs. 48
MENTADEM have MEMANTINE is comes under Sub class Nootropics , Neurotonics,Stimulants of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Nootropics , Neurotonics,Stimulants
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral Moderate to severe dementia in Alzheimer’s disease Adult: As hydrochloride: Initially, 5 mg daily in the morning for the 1st wk; increase dose wkly in steps of 5 mg. Max: 20 mg daily. Wait for at least 1 wk between dose changes. Doses >10 mg/day should be given in 2 divided doses. Suggested titration: 5 mg daily for >1 wk; 5 mg bid for >1 wk; 15 mg daily given in 5- and 10-mg separated doses for >1 wk; then 10 mg bid. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) 40-60 Per 1.73 m2: Max dose: Reduce to 10 mg daily.
Severe renal impairment.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment; epilepsy. Pregnancy and lactation. Closely monitor patients with recent MI, uncompensated CHF, uncontrolled hypertension. Predisposition to convulsions; conditions that increase urinary pH.
Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness, confusion, headache, constipation, somnolence, hallucinations, tiredness, vomiting, anxiety, abnormal gait, hypertonia, cystitis and increased libido. Rarely, psychotic reactions, pancreatitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Memantine, a derivative of amantadine, is a noncompetitive N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-receptor antagonist. It affects transmission of glutamate, the primary excitatory neurotransmitter in the CNS. Glutamate may contribute to the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease by overstimulating various glutamate receptors resulting in excitotoxicity and neuronal cell death.
Drug Interactions ::
May increase effects of antimuscarinics and dopaminergics. May reduce effects of antipsychotics and barbiturates. May alter effects of dantrolene, baclofen. Reduced clearance with carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and sodium bicarbonate. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of adverse effects with amantadine, dextromethorphan or ketamine.