Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MYSPEC Has Generic Salt :: Spectinomycin
- 2 MYSPEC Is From Company Neon Priced :: Rs. 150
- 3 MYSPEC have Spectinomycin is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MYSPEC Has Generic Salt :: Spectinomycin
MYSPEC Is From Company Neon Priced :: Rs. 150
MYSPEC have Spectinomycin is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Gonorrhoea, Acute gonorrheal urethritis, Cervicitis and proctitis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IM Gonorrhoea 2 g as single dose. In cases whereby antibiotic resistance is prevalent, 4 g may be used. Disseminated gonococcal infection 2 g 12 hrly. Child: Beyond newborn period and <45 kg: 40 mg/kg as a single dose. Max: 2 g. Contraindication ::
Drug Precautions ::
Repeated doses may lead to changes in the kidney and liver function and a reduction in haemoglobin and haematocrit levels. Prolonged use may result in fungal or bacterial superinfection. All patients with gonorrhoea should be tested for syphilis at the time of diagnosis.
Drug Side Effects ::
Dizziness; nausea; urticaria; chills; fever; headache, insomnia, mild to moderate pain after inj. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Spectinomycin binds to 30S subunit of the bacterial ribosome, thus inhibiting protein synthesis. It has modest activity against a wide range of gm+ve and gm-ve organisms, though anaerobic organisms are mostly resistant.
Drug Interactions ::
May result in lithium toxicity when used concurrently. May increase or prolong the neuromuscular blocking effect of atracurium.