Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name MYTHER Has Generic Salt :: Artemether
- 2 MYTHER Is From Company Phytochem Priced :: Rs. N.I.
- 3 MYTHER have Artemether is comes under Sub class Anti Malarials of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Malarials
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name MYTHER Has Generic Salt :: Artemether
MYTHER Is From Company Phytochem Priced :: Rs. N.I.
MYTHER have Artemether is comes under Sub class Anti Malarials of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Malarials
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult(IM) 80 mg twice daily for 1 day followed by 80 mg once daily for 4 days. Maximum dose: 480 mg for 5 days. Children (IM): 3.2 mg/kg body weight /day in 2 divided doses followed by 1.6 mg/kg/day once daily for 4 days. Maximum dose: 9.6 mg/kg for 5 days.
Drug Precautions ::
Pregnancy and lactation. Avoid concomitant use of drugs known to prolong QT interval or monitor such patients.
Drug Side Effects ::
Mild GI disturbance, dizziness, tinnitus, reduction in reticulocyte and leucocyte counts, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bradycardia, 1st-degree heart block, transient increase in serum transaminases.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Artemether is a potent and rapidly acting blood schizontocide, which is highly efficacious in treating chloroquine-resistant falciparum malaria, and complicated falciparum malaria including cerebral malaria. Its quick onset of effect and high efficacy in bringing down the parasite load are the properties which make this drug a suitable therapeutic option against falciparum infection.
Drug Interactions ::
Artemether causes QT prolongation in some patients. Thus concomitant use of erythromycin, terfenadine, procainamide, quinidine, disopyramide, amiodarone, bretylium, bepridil, sotalol, astemizole, probucol, tricyclic antidepressants, phenothiazines may be avoided.