Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NIZOD Has Generic Salt :: Hydroxyzine
- 2 NIZOD Is From Company SHREE BALAJI PH. Priced :: Rs. 25
- 3 NIZOD have Hydroxyzine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NIZOD Has Generic Salt :: Hydroxyzine
NIZOD Is From Company SHREE BALAJI PH. Priced :: Rs. 25
NIZOD have Hydroxyzine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pruritus, Allergic conditions, Generalized anxiety disorder, Psychoneurosis, Chronic urticaria, Atopic or contact dermatoses, Pre- or post-operative sedation
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Anxiety 50-100 mg 4 times/day. Pruritus Initial: 25 mg at night, up to 25 mg 3-4 times/day. Adjunct to pre- or post-op sedation 50-100 mg. IM Prompt control of anxiety or agitation Initial: 50-100 mg, may repeat 4-6 hrly if needed.
Porphyria, neonates, pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal and hepatic impairment; narrow-angle glaucoma; epilepsy; prostatic hypertrophy; bladder neck obstruction; asthma; COPD. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery.
Drug Side Effects ::
CNS depression, paradoxical CNS stimulation, dry mouth, thickened respiratory secretions, constipation, blurring of vision, tachycardia, GI disturbances, headache, hypotension, tinnitus.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Hydroxyzine, a piperazine derivative, blocks histamine H1-receptors on effector cells of the GI tract, blood vessels and resp tract. It is a sedating antihistamine w/ antimuscarinic and significant sedative properties. It also possesses skeletal muscle relaxing, bronchodilator, antiemetic and analgesic properties.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive or may potentiate CNS depressant effects of opiates or other analgesics, barbiturates or other sedatives, and anaesth. MAOIs and TCAs potentiate antimuscarinic effects.