Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NIZONIDE Has Generic Salt :: NITAZOXANIDE
- 2 NIZONIDE Is From Company Lupin Priced :: Rs. 417
- 3 NIZONIDE have NITAZOXANIDE is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NIZONIDE Has Generic Salt :: NITAZOXANIDE
NIZONIDE Is From Company Lupin Priced :: Rs. 417
NIZONIDE have NITAZOXANIDE is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Age 1 – 3 years : 5 ml (100 mg) twice daily for 3 days, Age 4 – 11 years : 10 ml (200 mg) twice daily for 3 days, Age >12 years : 25 ml or 1 tablet (500 mg) twice daily for 3 days.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy and lactation. Children <1 yr. Drug Side Effects ::
Headache, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, allergic reactions, anaemia, anorexia, increased appetite, increased creatinine and LFT, diaphoresis, dizziness, eye and urine discolouration, fever, flatulence, hypertension, infection, malaise, nausea, pruritus, rhinitis, enlarged salivary glands, tachycardia.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Nitazoxanide is an antiprotozoal agent. Both nitazoxanide and its active metabolite (tizoxanide) interfere with the pyruvate:ferredoxin 2-oxidoreductase (PFOR) enzyme-dependent electron transfer reaction which is essential to anaerobic metabolism in susceptible organisms.
Drug Interactions ::
May possibly interact with highly protein-bound drugs e.g. warfarin.