Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NOAMEBA Has Generic Salt :: Secnidazole
- 2 NOAMEBA Is From Company Ipca Priced :: Rs. 35
- 3 NOAMEBA have Secnidazole is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NOAMEBA Has Generic Salt :: Secnidazole
NOAMEBA Is From Company Ipca Priced :: Rs. 35
NOAMEBA have Secnidazole is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Secnidazole||DS TAB||Rs. 35||2|
Indications for Drugs ::
Giardiasis, Amoebiasis, Trichomoniasis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Invasive amoebiasis 1.5 g/day for 5 days. Amoebiasis; Giardiasis; Trichomoniasis Single dose of 2 g.
Hypersensitivity; pregnancy (1st trimester) and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Avoid alcohol and disulfiram. Avoid in patients with history of blood disorders.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, gastralgia, change of taste, metallic taste, stomatitis, urticaria, rashes, leucopenia. Rarely vertigo, moderate neurological, digestive disturbances.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Secnidazole is active against E histolytica, G lamblia, T vaginalis, Clostridium spp, B fragilis, Gardnerella spp. The drug enters the microorganisms by diffusion and is reduced intracellularly by low oxidation-reduction potential ferredoxin which then result in DNA damage.
Drug Interactions ::
Concurrent disulfiram admin may cause psychotic reactions. Disulfiram-like reactions with alcohol. Cimetidine may prolong half-life. Potentially Fatal: May potentiate anticoagulant effect of warfarin and increase risk of haemorrhage.