Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name NUDOM-10 Has Generic Salt :: Domperidone
- 2 NUDOM-10 Is From Company Mankind Priced :: Rs. 12.5
- 3 NUDOM-10 have Domperidone is comes under Sub class Anti Emetics of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Emetics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name NUDOM-10 Has Generic Salt :: Domperidone
NUDOM-10 Is From Company Mankind Priced :: Rs. 12.5
NUDOM-10 have Domperidone is comes under Sub class Anti Emetics of Main Class Gastrointestinal System
Main Medicine Class:: Gastrointestinal System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Emetics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Gastritis, Lactation, Migraine, Nausea and vomiting, Gastroparesis, Non ulcer dyspepsia
Drug Dose ::
Adults : 10 – 20 mg every 4 – 8 hours daily Children : 0.2 – 0.4 mg/kg every 4 – 8 hours daily. Nausea and vomiting 10-20 mg 4-8 hrly. Max: 80 mg/day. Non ulcer dyspepsia 10-20 mg 3 times/day and at night. Migraine 20 mg 4 hrly. Max: 4 doses/24 hr. Rectal: Nausea and vomiting 60 mg twice daily.
Hypersensitivity. GI haemorrhage, obstruction and perforation, patients with prolactin releasing pituitary hormone, chronic admin or routine prophylaxis of postoperative nausea and vomiting.
Drug Precautions ::
Phaeochromocytoma; children<2 yr, elderly; renal or hepatic impairment. Risk of cardiac arrhythmias and hypokalaemia if administered IV. Pregnancy and lactation. Drug Side Effects ::
Drowsiness, extrapyramidal reactions, galactorrhoea, gynaecomastia; constipation or diarrhoea, lassitude, decreased libido, skin rash, itch. Potentially Fatal: Convulsions, arrhythmias and cardiac arrest, dysrrhythmias in patients with CV disease or hypokalaemia, patients on cancer chemotherapy. Seizures; hypertensive crisis in patients with phaeochromocytoma.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Domperidone is a peripheral dopamine-receptor blocker. It increases oesophageal peristalsis, enhances gastroduodenal coordination and lowers oesophageal sphincter pressure, gastric motility and peristalsis, thus facilitating gastric emptying and decreasing small bowel transit time.
Drug Interactions ::
May antagonise the hypoprolactinaemic effect of bromocriptine. May antagonise the prokinetic effect w/ opioid analgesics and antimuscarinics. Potentially Fatal: Potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (e.g. ketoconazole, erythromycin or ritonavir) may increase serum domperidone levels and subsequently increasing the risk of QT prolongation.