Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name OIRGAMETRIL Has Generic Salt :: Lynestrenol
- 2 OIRGAMETRIL Is From Company Infar Priced :: Rs. 26.3
- 3 OIRGAMETRIL have Lynestrenol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name OIRGAMETRIL Has Generic Salt :: Lynestrenol
OIRGAMETRIL Is From Company Infar Priced :: Rs. 26.3
OIRGAMETRIL have Lynestrenol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Contraception, Menstrual disorders
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Contraception 0.5 mg/day when used alone or 0.75-2.5 mg/day when used w/ an oestrogen. Menstrual disorders 5-10 mg/day as cyclic regimen.
Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, active venous thromboembolic disorders or severe arterial disease, hepatic impairment, progestogen-dependent tumours, porphyria. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
CV or renal dysfunction, hypertension, epilepsy, migraine, asthma, DM, conditions which may be exacerbated by fluid retention, malabsorption syndrome, post ectopic pregnancy, functional ovarian cysts, thromboembolism. Lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
GI disturbances, changes in appetite or weight, fluid retention, oedema, rashes, urticaria, mental depression, breast tenderness and pain, gynaecomastia, changes in libido, headache, migraine, altered menstrual cycle, irregular menstrual bleeding, changes in LFTs and serum lipid profile. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis or anaphylactoid reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Lynestrenol is a progestogen structurally related to norethisterone. It may be used alone or as the progestogenic component of some oral contraceptives.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased metabolism and subsequent reduction in efficacy with enzyme-inducing agents e.g. carbamazepine, griseofulvin, phenobarbital, phenytoin and rifampicin. Adjustment in antidiabetic dose may be required. Potentially Fatal: May increase plasma levels and toxicity of ciclosporin.