Ostium Primum ASDEisenmenger syndrome (ASD, VSD, PDA With PAH with reversal of shunt - Right-to-Ieft shunt) with Treatment. Read more ... » (Inter atrial communication)
- The opening in the first septum of the embryonic heartAshoka Saraca asoca Ayurvedic Medicinal Plant. Read more ... »; it closes as the ventricles form.
- There is right to left shunt and mitral valve regurgitation.
- SymptomsBronchiectasis Signs and Symptoms Diagnosis Treatment. Read more ... » occur in childhood itself with congestive heart failureHeart Failure Causes Symptoms NYHA classification with Heart Failure Treatment. Read more ... » and retarded growth and development.
- There is atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation Causes and Treatment Indications of DC Cardioversion. Read more ... » commonly.
- Due to mitral regurgitation, patients are prone to infective endocarditis.
- There is murmur of MR radiating to left sternal edge.
- There is pulmonary mid-systolic ejection murmur and wide fixed splitting of second heart soundCardiac Examination Auscultation of the Heart. Read more ... ».
- 15%: Ostium primum occurs in the inferior portion of the septum, often associated with cleft mitral valve and failure of endocardial cushing
- JVPExamination of arterial pressure pulse with Jugular Venous Pulse (JVP). Read more ... » shows dominant v wave due to the jet from left ventricle to right atrium.•
- There is left ventricular apical impulse with thrill.
- Family history
- Other congenital heart defects
- Thalidomide, alcohol
- shows RSR pattern in V1, V2, RAD with LVH, also expects LAD with LVH
2D echocardiography2D Echocardiography Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography. Read more ... » and Doppler: shows the defects.
- Colour flow shows the left to right interatrial shunt and mitral regurgitation.