Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PILAGAN Has Generic Salt :: Pilocarpine
- 2 PILAGAN Is From Company Allergan Priced :: Rs. 32.65
- 3 PILAGAN have Pilocarpine is comes under Sub class Anti Glaucoma Drugs of Main Class Ocular
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Glaucoma Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PILAGAN Has Generic Salt :: Pilocarpine
PILAGAN Is From Company Allergan Priced :: Rs. 32.65
PILAGAN have Pilocarpine is comes under Sub class Anti Glaucoma Drugs of Main Class Ocular
Main Medicine Class:: Ocular Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Glaucoma Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Dry mouth, Sjogren’s syndrome
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Dry mouth after radiotherapy for malignant neoplasms of the head and neck Initial: 5 mg 3 times/day. Increase gradually after 4 wk if needed. Max: 10 mg 3 times/day. Sjoren’s syndrome 5 mg 4 times/day. Max: 30 mg/day. Stop treatment if no improvement after 3 mth.
Angle-closure glaucoma; acute iritis, anterior uveitis; hypersensitivity. Pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Retinal detachment; corneal or conjunctival damage. Patients with cognitive or psychiatric disorders, renal impairment, biliary tract disorders. Prolonged use may lead to lens opacities. May impair ability to drive or operate machines. Lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Ocular: Pain and irritation, blurred vision, lachrymation, browache, conjunctival vascular congestion, superficial keratitis, vitreous haemorrhage, increased pupillary block.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pilocarpine is a tertiary parasympathomimetic that directly stimulates cholinergic receptors in the eyes causing pupillary constriction, spasm of accommodation and a transient rise in IOP followed by a fall.
Drug Interactions ::
Concomitant admin of 2 miotics may increase risk of toxic reactions. Aminoglycosides, clindamycin, colistin, cyclopropane and halogenated inhalational anaesthetics, quinine, procainamide, lithium and beta-blockers may reduce the efficacy of pilacarpine. Concurrent use with beta-blockers may lead to bradycardia. May prolong the action of suxamethonium. Potentially Fatal: Miotic and ocular hypotensive effect antagonised by anticholinergics. Conduction disturbances with beta-blockers.