Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PLUEMET Has Generic Salt :: PEMETREXED
- 2 PLUEMET Is From Company Piramal Hc. Priced :: Rs. 19650
- 3 PLUEMET have PEMETREXED is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PLUEMET Has Generic Salt :: PEMETREXED
PLUEMET Is From Company Piramal Hc. Priced :: Rs. 19650
PLUEMET have PEMETREXED is comes under Sub class Anti Neoplastic Agents of Main Class Anti Neoplastic Agents
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Neoplastic Agents Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Neoplastic Agents
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Non-small cell lung cancer, Malignant pleural mesothelioma
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Non-small cell lung cancer; Malignant pleural mesothelioma 500 mg/m2 on day 1 of each 21-day cycle. After the 1st treatment cycle, adjust subsequent doses based on nadir haematologic counts and max non-haematologic toxicity. Malignant pleural mesothelioma: Used w/ cisplatin
Drug Precautions ::
Monitor CBC. Premedication with folate and vitamin B12 are recommended as prophylaxis against haematological and GI toxicity during treatment. Pre-treatment with a corticosteroid also reduces the incidence and severity of skin reactions. Caution when used in renal or hepatic impairment. Not recommended for use in pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Side Effects ::
Stomatitis, pharyngitis, dyspnoea and neuropathy. Chest pain, oedema, hypertension, fatigue, fever, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, constipation, depression. Rash/desquamation and alopecia. Anaemia, leukopenia and neutropenia. Neuropathy and myalgia. Potentially Fatal: Acute renal failure.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pemetrexed is a thymidylate synthase inhibitor. It works by inhibiting thymidylate synthase, dihydrofolate reductase, glycinamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase and aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide formyltransferase, the enzymes involved in folate metabolism and DNA synthesis, thus inhibiting purine and thymidine nucleotide and protein synthesis.
Drug Interactions ::
High doses of NSAIDs and aspirin may reduce the elimination of pemetrexed; avoid usage 2 days (5 days for longer-acting NSAIDs) before, during and 2 days after treatment with pemetrexed in patients with impaired renal function. Additive GI side effects when used with SSRIs, acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, aripiprazole or ziprasidone. Additive sedation when used with psychotropics. Concurrent use with nephrotoxic drugs (e.g. aminoglycosides, loop diuretics, platinum compounds and ciclosporin) may decrease pemetrexed clearance, thus increasing the risk of toxicity. Clearance may be reduced when used with drugs that are cleared by tubular secretion e.g. probenecid and penicillin.