PRINZMETAL’S VARIANT ANGINA
This is a syndromeMetabolic,Insulin Resistance Syndrome X Causes Symptoms. Read more ... » of ischemic pain at rest and with ECGVentricular Tachycardia VT Diagnosis Causes Clinical features with Treatment. Read more ... » showing transient ST elevation.
- This sydrome is caused by spasm of coronary artery leading to severe ischemia. It may occur in patients who may not have any coronary artery stenosis.
- It is a kind of vasospastic diseaseAyurveda Drugs Group VEDNASTHAPAN DRAVYA Specifically work on Nervous System. Read more ... » like Raynaud’s phe60menon. It may occur in young persons and smokers. CardiacThyrotoxic crisis or Thyroid storm. Read more ... » examinationHow to take good medical history & examination. Read more ... » may be normal.
- Coronary angiographyCoronary Angiography -Indications of Coronary Arteriography (Angiography). Read more ... » may show transient coronary spasm close to area of coronary stenosis.
PRINZMETAL’S OR variant angina:
- Chest painApproach to Chest Pain Differential diagnosis of chest pain. Read more ... » that results from the spasm of coronary arteries, rather than from exertion or other increased demands on the heartVentricular Tachycardia VT Diagnosis Causes Clinical features with Treatment. Read more ... ».
- On the electrocardiogram, the diagnostic hallmark is elevation of the ST segments during episodes of resting pain.
- ECG shows ST segment elevation which reverts to normal.
- Serum markers may be elevated or normal.
- The pain typically occurs at rest. During coronary catheterization, the spasm is usually found near an atherosclerotic plaque, often in the right coronary artery.
- Infusions of ergonovine may provoke it.
PRINZMETAL’S OR variant angina Treatment:
- NitratesManagement of Unstable Angina (UA) / NSTEMI Anti-ischemic treatment. Read more ... »,
- calcium channel blockers,
- sublingual or IV Nitrates and Prazosin.
- Aspirin may increase the severity of attack.