Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PROGYNOVA Has Generic Salt :: Estradiol
- 2 PROGYNOVA Is From Company German R. Priced :: Rs. 153.33
- 3 PROGYNOVA have Estradiol is comes under Sub class Estrogens and Anti Estrogens of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Estrogens and Anti Estrogens
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PROGYNOVA Has Generic Salt :: Estradiol
PROGYNOVA Is From Company German R. Priced :: Rs. 153.33
PROGYNOVA have Estradiol is comes under Sub class Estrogens and Anti Estrogens of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Estrogens and Anti Estrogens
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Vulvular and vaginal atrophy, Atrophic vaginitis
Drug Dose ::
Vaginal Vulvular and vaginal atrophy Adult: Insert 2-4 g/day of vag cream intravaginally for 2 wk, then reduce gradually to half the initial dose for 2 wk followed by a maintenance dose of 1 g 1-3 times/wk. Postmenopausal vaginal atrophy Adult: Insert a vag ring containing 2 mg of estradiol and keep in place for 90 days. Urogenital symptoms Adult: Insert a vag ring containing 2 mg of estradiol and keep in place for 90 days. Atrophic vaginitis Adult: Initial: Insert 1 tab (20 mcg) once daily for 2 wk. Maintenance: Insert 1 tab twice wkly. Attempt to discontinue or taper medication at 3-6 mthly intervals.
Hypersensitivity; undiagnosed vag bleeding; thrombophloebitis or thromboembolic disorders; breast carcinoma except in selected patients being treated for metastatic disease; oestrogen-dependent tumor; porphyria; pregnancy.
Drug Precautions ::
Conditions exacerbated by fluid retention; hypercalcaemia, cerebrovascular diorders, coronary artery disease, gall bladder diseases; lipid effects; familial defects of lipoprotein metabolism. May increase BP, risk of venous thromboembolism, breast cancer, benign hepatic adenoma, endometrial cancer and size of preexisting uterine leiomyomata. Dosage should be reduced in hepatic impairment. Lactation. Child.
Drug Side Effects ::
GI disturbances, genitourinary changes, haematologic disorders, CV and CNS effects, endocrine and metabolic disorders, cholestatic jaundice, local skin reactions, chorea, contact lens intolerance, steeping of corneal curvature, pulmonary thromboembolism, carbohydrate intolerance.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Estradiol is a naturally occurring oestrogen. Oestrogens are responsible for the development and maintenance of the female reproductive system and secondary sexual characteristics. They modulate the pituitary secretion of gonadotrophins, LH and FSH through a negative feedback system.
Drug Interactions ::
CYP1A2 and CYP3A4 inducers e.g. aminoglutethimide, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, and rifampin may decrease the effects of estradiol. May enhance the effects of hydrocortisone and prednisolone when used together.