TACHYARRHYTHMIAS PSVT Paroxysmal supraventricular TachycardiaSupraventricular tachycardia and Ventricular fibrillation Causes Diagnosis with Treatment. Read more ... » DIAGNOSISDyslipidemias Causes Risk Factors Epidemiology Etiology. Read more ... » with TreatmentDyslipidemias Causes Risk Factors Epidemiology Etiology. Read more ... »
- HeartCardiac Examination Auscultation of the Heart. Read more ... » rate exceeds 100 beats/min
- Gradual onset and offset
- Normal PQRST.
PSVT Proxysmal supraventricular Tachycardia –
Features of PSVT
- There is sudden onset and offset of very fast regular heart beats (120 – 250 beats per minute) with palpitations and sometime dizzinessDizziness cause diagnosis treatment. Read more ... », discomfort, and altered consciousness.
- It may subside after a few minutes to a few hours spontaneously or with treatment.
- When it subsides suddenly the patient feels urge to pass urine and micturates frequently.
- Patient feels normal after the attack.
- The frequency of attacks of PSVT is very variable.
Clinical features of PSVT –
- AcuteDyslipidemias Causes Risk Factors Epidemiology Etiology. Read more ... » pulmonary oedema
- Heart failureHeart Failure Causes Symptoms NYHA classification with Heart Failure Treatment. Read more ... »
- HypotensionDiabetic Nephropathy and Renal complications of DM (Diabetes Mellitus). Read more ... »
Treatment of PSVT
- Carotid sinus massage
- For hypotension – IV phenylephrine – 0.1 mg in increasing doses Verapamil 2.5 – 10 mg IV
- Adenosine 6-12 mg IV
- Beta blockersMANAGEMENT of Acute Myocardial Infarction (AMI) -1. Read more ... »
- Atrial or ventricular pacing DC cardioversionAtrial fibrillation Causes and Treatment Indications of DC Cardioversion. Read more ... »
- Radio frequency catheter ablation of AV node.