Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name PYRIDO Has Generic Salt :: Pyridostigmine
- 2 PYRIDO Is From Company SG PH. Priced :: Rs. 180
- 3 PYRIDO have Pyridostigmine is comes under Sub class Miscellaneous of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Miscellaneous
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name PYRIDO Has Generic Salt :: Pyridostigmine
PYRIDO Is From Company SG PH. Priced :: Rs. 180
PYRIDO have Pyridostigmine is comes under Sub class Miscellaneous of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Miscellaneous
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Reversal of neuromuscular blockade,Myasthenia gravis,Paralytic ileus and post-operative urinary retention
Drug Dose ::
Oral Myasthenia gravis Adult: 0.3-1.2 g daily in divided doses. Child: <6 yr: Initially, 30 mg, 6-12 yr: Initially, 60 mg. Dose may be gradually increased by 15-30 mg on a daily basis until a satisfactory response is observed. Neonatal myasthenia gravis Child: 5-10 mg given every 4-6 hr. Paralytic ileus and postoperative urinary retention Adult: Doses of 60-240 mg. Contraindication ::
GI or urinary obstruction.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal impairment, pregnancy and lactation, epilepsy, bronchial asthma, bradycardia, cardiac arrhythmias, recent coronary occlusion, vagotonia, hyperthyroidism, peptic ulcer, recent bladder/intestinal surgery. Care should be taken in the use of atropine for counteracting side effects.
Drug Side Effects ::
Muscarinic side effects e.g. nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, increased peristalsis, increased salivation, increased bronchial secretions, miosis and diaphoresis. Nicotinic side effects include muscle cramps, fasciculation and weakness.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pyridostigmine bromide is a potent reversible inhibitor of acetylcholinesterase, the enzyme responsible for destroying acetylcholine. Inhibiting the enzyme allows free transmission of nerve impulses across the neuromuscular junction. Pyridostigmine bromide has a carbonyl ester linkage that is hydrolysed by acetylcholinesterase but much more slowly than is acetylcholine itself.
Drug Interactions ::
Excretion blocked by probenecid.