Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name RETRONEL Has Generic Salt :: Nelfinavir
- 2 RETRONEL Is From Company Cytomed(Alkem) Priced :: Rs. 2106
- 3 RETRONEL have Nelfinavir is comes under Sub class Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV) of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Retrovirals (Drugs for HIV)
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
RETRONEL Is From Company Cytomed(Alkem) Priced :: Rs. 2106
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Oral HIV infection Adult: Combined with other antiretrovirals: 1.25 g bid or 0.75 g tid. Child: Combined with other antiretrovirals: 2-13 yr: 45-55 mg/kg bid or 25-35 mg/kg tid. Max: 0.75 g tid. Max Dosage: Child: 0.75 g tid. Hepatic impairment: Dose reduction may be required.
Drug Precautions ::
Pregnancy. Hepatic and renal impairment; haemophilia A or B; diabetes. Monitor for signs of lipodystrophy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Hyperglycaemia, dyslipidaemia and redistribution of body fat (protease paunch, buffalo hump, facial atrophy and heart engorgement); hypertriglyceridaemia, hypercholesterolaemia. Diarrhoea, rash, nausea, flatulence, decreased lymphocytes, decreased neutrophils, decreased haemoglobin, increased creatine kinase, increased transaminases.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Nelfinavir is a selective, competitive, reversible HIV protease inhibitor. It inhibits HIV-1 protease preventing the cleavage of the gag-pol polyprotein resulting in the production of noninfectious virus.
Drug Interactions ::
Reduced levels/effects with antacids, phenobarbital, carbamazepine, aminoglutethimide, phenytoin, rifampicin, nafcillin, nevirapine, omeprazole, nevirapine. Increased serum levels/effects with azole antifungal agents, cimetidine, efavirenz. Increased serum levels/effects of azithromycin, calcium channel blockers, clarithromycin, corticosteroids (e.g. fluticasone), mirtazapine, nateglinide, nefazodone, ciclosporin, sirolimus, tacrolimus, venlafaxine, eplerinone, fentanyl, atorvastatin, phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitors, rifabutin, trazodone, TCAs. Reduced serum levels/effects of hormonal contraceptives, methadone, theophylline derivatives. Potentially Fatal: Increased serum levels/toxicity of amiodarone, cisapride, pimozide, midazolam, triazolam, ergot alkaloids, lovastatin, simvastatin, quinidine.