Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name REVOCON Has Generic Salt :: Tetrabenazine
- 2 REVOCON Is From Company Sun Priced :: Rs. 155.06
- 3 REVOCON have Tetrabenazine is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name REVOCON Has Generic Salt :: Tetrabenazine
REVOCON Is From Company Sun Priced :: Rs. 155.06
REVOCON have Tetrabenazine is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Movement disorders, Moderate to severe tardive dyskinesia
Drug Dose ::
Oral Movement disorders Adult: Initially 12.5 mg bid, increased gradually to 12.5-25 mg tid. Max: 200mg daily. If no improvement at max dose for 7 days, drug unlikely to be of benefit. Elderly: Initially 12.5 mg daily, increased gradually. Oral Moderate to severe tardive dyskinesia Adult: Initially 12.5 mg daily increased gradually according to response.
Drug Precautions ::
May exacerbate symptoms of parkinsonism. Caution to be exercised when driving or performing skilled tasks. Pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Drowsiness, extrapyramidal symptoms, parkinsonism, depression, orthostatic hypotension, GI disturbances. Potentially Fatal: Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Tetrabenazine act by depleting nerve endings of dopamine in the brain and is used to control movement disorders.
Drug Interactions ::
Tetrabenazine should not be given with or within 14 days of discontinuation of MAOI therapy. Blocks action of reserpine. Decreases effects of levodopa and worsen parkinsonism. Increased risk of extrapyramidal side effects when given with amantadine, metoclopramide, antipsychotics.