Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name O STAT Has Generic Salt :: ORLISTAT
- 2 O STAT Is From Company Aristo Priced :: Rs. 380
- 3 O STAT have ORLISTAT is comes under Sub class Anti Obesity Drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Obesity Drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name O STAT Has Generic Salt :: ORLISTAT
O STAT Is From Company Aristo Priced :: Rs. 380
O STAT have ORLISTAT is comes under Sub class Anti Obesity Drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Obesity Drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO 120 mg 3 times/day with each main meal. (Should be taken with food. Take immediately before or during or up to 1 hr after each main meal. If a meal is missed or contains no fat, the dose may be omitted).
Chronic malabsorption syndrome. Cholestasis. Lactation
Drug Precautions ::
Distribute daily intake of fat over 3 main meals. Fat-soluble vitamins supplements may be required during long-term therapy. Discontinue use if 5% body wt loss is not achieved during the first 12 wk. History of hyperoxaluria or calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis. DM. Pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Faecal urgency and incontinence, flatulence, fatty stools or discharge, increased defecation; headache, anxiety, fatigue, menstrual irregularities; abdominal pain/discomfort. Potentially Fatal: Anaphylaxis; angioedema.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Orlistat is a reversible gastric and pancreatic lipase inhibitor. It exerts antiobesity effects by limiting the absorption of dietary fats through inhibition of triglyceride hydrolysis. It does not exert appetite suppressant effects.
Drug Interactions ::
May decrease absorption of oral fat-soluble vitamins, amiodarone, propafenone. May decrease plasma levels of ciclosporin. May alter the effects of warfarin (monitor INR). May elevate plasma levels of pravastatin.