Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ONCOTHAL Has Generic Salt :: THALIDOMIDE
- 2 ONCOTHAL Is From Company ONCOCARE Priced :: Rs. 750
- 3 ONCOTHAL have THALIDOMIDE is comes under Sub class Immunuosuppressants of Main Class Immunology , Allergy
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Immunology , Allergy Sub Medicine Class :: Immunuosuppressants
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ONCOTHAL Has Generic Salt :: THALIDOMIDE
ONCOTHAL Is From Company ONCOCARE Priced :: Rs. 750
ONCOTHAL have THALIDOMIDE is comes under Sub class Immunuosuppressants of Main Class Immunology , Allergy
Main Medicine Class:: Immunology , Allergy Sub Medicine Class :: Immunuosuppressants
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Multiple myeloma, Erythema nodosum leprosum
Drug Dose ::
Oral Erythema nodosum leprosum (Type 2) Adult: 100-300 mg once daily at bedtime, reduced gradually by 50 mg every 2-4 wk once a satisfactory reponse is achieved. Not for monotherapy if moderate or severe neuritis present. Max: 400 mg/day. Patients < 50 kg: Initially, 100 mg daily. Multiple myeloma Adult: Initial dose of 200 mg once daily, increased by 100 mg at wkly intervals according to patient tolerance. Max: 800 mg daily. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
All females of childbearing potential must use 2 reliable forms of contraception simultaneously 4 wk before starting therapy, during and 4 wk after therapy is discontinued. Therapy to be stopped immediately if pregnancy occurs. Male: Use of barrier methods of contraception if partner is of child-bearing potential. Do not donate blood or sperm during therapy. Patient should not drive or operate machinery. Discontinue therapy if any skin rash develops. Do not resume therapy if the rash is exfoliative, purpuric, or bullous, or if Stevens-Johnson syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysis suspected.
Drug Side Effects ::
Severe and irreversible peripheral neuropathy, constipation, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension, drowsiness, somnolence, bradycardia, increase of viral load in HIV-infected patients, hypersensitivity reaction. Potentially Fatal: Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis and blood dyscrasias.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Thalidomide is a synthetic glutamic acid derivative immunomodulator with anti-inflammatory, antiangiogenetic, sedative and hypnotic activity.
Drug Interactions ::
Thalidomide enhances sedative activity of barbiturates, alcohol, chlorpromazine and reserpine. Avoid use of other drugs that have the potential to cause peripheral neuropathy. Increased risk of thromboembolic events with darbepoetin-alfa and doxorubicin. Potentially Fatal: Increased risk of bone marrow supression with peg interferon alfa.