Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ACAREX Has Generic Salt :: Acarbose
- 2 ACAREX Is From Company INTRA(VISION) Priced :: Rs. 55.00/85.00
- 3 ACAREX have Acarbose is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ACAREX Has Generic Salt :: Acarbose
ACAREX Is From Company INTRA(VISION) Priced :: Rs. 55.00/85.00
ACAREX have Acarbose is comes under Sub class Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Insulin , Anti Diabetic drugs
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Type 2 DM
Drug Dose ::
Dosage Adult: PO Initial: 25 mg/day. May adjust gradually. Maintenance: 50-100 mg 3 times/day. Max: <60 kg: 50 mg 3 times/day; >60 kg: 100 mg 3 times/day.
Patients <18 yr; diabetic ketoacidosis or cirrhosis; malabsorption; inflammatory bowel disease; with or pre-disposed to intestinal obstruction; intestinal diseases that affect digestion or absorption; conditions that worsen as a result of increased gas formation e.g. hernias; colonic ulcers; hepatic impairment; CrClr< 25 ml/min/1.73m2. Pregnancy, lactation. Drug Precautions ::
Monitor LFT every 3 mth for 1st yr and periodically thereafter especially for doses >50 mg tid. Reduce dose or withdraw therapy if transaminases elevations persist. If hypoglycaemia occurs, give glucose orally as a 1st aid measure. Adhere strictly to the prescribed diabetic diet to avoid intensification of GI symptoms.
Drug Side Effects ::
Flatulence, abdominal pain, distension, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting. Elevation of transaminases, hepatitis, jaundice. Rarely, skin reactions. Potentially Fatal: Hepatotoxicity.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Acarbose competitively and reversibly inhibits pancreatic ?-amylase and intestinal brush border ?-glucosidases, resulting in retardation of glucose absorption from hydrolysed complex carbohydrates and reduction of blood-glucose concentrations.
Drug Interactions ::
May enhance effects of other antidiabetics including insulin. Diminished effects w/ GI adsorbents (e.g. charcoal) and digestive enzyme preparations containing carbohydrate splitting enzymes (e.g. amylase, pancreatin). Neomycin and colestyramine may enhance effects of acarbose. May inhibit absorption of digoxin.