Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ACOLATE Has Generic Salt :: Xylometazoline
- 2 ACOLATE Is From Company GUJ. TE. Priced :: Rs. 29
- 3 ACOLATE have Xylometazoline is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ACOLATE Has Generic Salt :: Xylometazoline
ACOLATE Is From Company GUJ. TE. Priced :: Rs. 29
ACOLATE have Xylometazoline is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Sinusitis, Nasal congestion, Seasonal & perennial allergic rhinitis
Drug Dose ::
Adults (including the elderly) and children: One spray each nostril four times daily.
Contraindicated in patients with a known hypersensitivity to any ingredients of the preparation.
Drug Precautions ::
The prolonged use or abuse of decongestants in general may lead to rebound congestion or drug induced rhinitis.
Drug Side Effects ::
No serious side effects have been reported. Occasional irritation of the nasal mucosa may occur during the first day of use. In rare cases with Sodium Cromoglicate solutions alone wheezing and tightness of the chest has been reported. Because a lower dose of Xylometazoline is employed in this preparation it causes mild side effects such as nasal irritation, dryness of the nose, sneezing, headache, insomnia, drowsiness and palpitations.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Xylometazoline is a direct-acting sympathomimetic which has a vasoconstrictor effect by reducing swelling and congestion when applied to mucous membranes.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased heart rate or BP with sibutramine. Potentially Fatal: Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.