Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ACT-HIB Has Generic Salt :: HAEMOPHILUS
- 2 ACT-HIB Is From Company Biological E. Priced :: Rs. 526
- 3 ACT-HIB have HAEMOPHILUS is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ACT-HIB Has Generic Salt :: HAEMOPHILUS
ACT-HIB Is From Company Biological E. Priced :: Rs. 526
ACT-HIB have HAEMOPHILUS is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Haemophilus influenzae type b infection (meningitis, septicemia, cellulitis, arthritis).
Drug Dose ::
Primary vaccination: From 2 months: 3 injections at 1 or 2 months intervals followed by a booster 12 months after the 3rd dose. Previously unvaccinated children between 6-12 months: 2 injections at 1 or 2 months intervals followed by a booster 12 months after the 2nd dose. From 1-5 years: 1 single injection.
HIB VACCINE IS CONTRAINDICATED IN CHILDREN WITH A HISTORY OF HYPERSENSITIVITY TO ANY COMPONENT OF THE VACCINE.
Drug Precautions ::
Minor illnesses such as upper respiratory infection with or without low-grade fever are not contraindications for use of HIB vaccine. As reported with Haemophilus b polysaccharide vaccines, cases of H influenzae type b disease may occur subsequent to vaccination and prior to the onset of protective effects of the vaccine. Medical supervision is needed.
Drug Side Effects ::
Adverse reactions commonly associated with a first HIB vaccine immunization of children 12 to 15 months of age who were previously unimmunized with any Haemophilus b conjugate vaccine, include local pain, redness and swelling at the injection site. Systemic reactions include fever, irritability and lethargy.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Antigenic capsular polysaccharides induce Ab production.
Drug Interactions ::