Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ACTIDE Has Generic Salt :: Octreotide
- 2 ACTIDE Is From Company Samarth Priced :: Rs. 375
- 3 ACTIDE have Octreotide is comes under Sub class Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ACTIDE Has Generic Salt :: Octreotide
ACTIDE Is From Company Samarth Priced :: Rs. 375
ACTIDE have Octreotide is comes under Sub class Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins of Main Class Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System
Main Medicine Class:: Endocrine,Steroid Hormones , Metabolic System Sub Medicine Class :: Pituitary Hormones,Gonadotropins
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Acromegaly, Variceal haemorrhage, Secretory neoplasms, Following pancreatic surgery, HIV-associated diarrhoea
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Variceal haemorrhage in patients w/ cirrhosis 25 mcg/hr for 48 hr (up to 5 days in patients at high risk of re-bleeding). IM Acromegaly Following initial control w/ SC therapy: Depot Initial: 20 mg 4 wkly. Adjust if required after 3 mth to 10-30 mg 4 wkly. Max: 40 mg 4 wkly. IM/SC Secretory neoplasms As SC: Initial: 50 mcg 1-2 times/day, up to 600 mcg/day in 2-4 divided doses based on response. Maintenance: Depot 10-30 mg 4 wkly via IM inj. SC Acromegaly Initial: 50 mcg 3 times/day, increase if needed. Usual dose: 100-200 mcg 3 times/day. Max: 500 mcg 3 times/day. Prevention of complications following pancreatic surgery 100 mcg 3 times/day of a rapid-acting preparation for 7 days, starting at least 1 hr pre-op. HIV-associated diarrhoea Initial: 100 mcg 3 times/day. If symptoms are not controlled after 1 wk, increase to 250 mcg 3 times/day. Secretory neoplasms Initial: 50 mcg 1-2 times/day, up to 600 mcg/day in 2-4 divided doses based on response.
Drug Precautions ::
Renal disease; risk of gall bladder disease; DM; hypothyroidism. Pregnancy, lactation, children, elderly. Monitor levels of vitamin B12 during long term therapy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Local pain, stinging, tingling at site of inj; anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bloating, flatulence, loose stools, steatorrhoea; biliary tract abnormalities. Hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia, hypothyroidism, cardiac conduction abnormalitles, pancreatitis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Octreotide is a synthetic analogue of somatostatin which acts by suppressing basal and stimulated secretion of growth hormone (GH). It also suppresses LH response to gonadotrophin-releasing hormone and reduces the secretion of gastrin, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), insulin, glucagon, secretin, motilin and pancreatic polypeptide.
Drug Interactions ::
Dosage adjustment of concurrent therapy may be necessary with calcium channel blockers, oral hypoglycaemics, ?-blockers, diuretics. May increase concentration of bromocriptine. Potentially Fatal: Requirements of insulin may be reduced requiring careful blood-glucose monitoring. Reduction in ciclosporin bioavailability and efficacy.