Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ACTIFED Has Generic Salt :: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE
- 2 ACTIFED Is From Company Gsk Priced :: Rs. 6.9
- 3 ACTIFED have PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is comes under Sub class Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants of Main Class Respiratory System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ACTIFED Has Generic Salt :: PSEUDOEPHEDRINE
ACTIFED Is From Company Gsk Priced :: Rs. 6.9
ACTIFED have PSEUDOEPHEDRINE is comes under Sub class Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants of Main Class Respiratory System
Main Medicine Class:: Respiratory System Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Histamines and Nasal Decongestants
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Drug Dose ::
As a decongestant and symptomatic treatment for upper respiratory tract infections the recommended dose is: Adults : 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours, up to maximum of 240 mg in 24 hours Children : (6 – 12 years of age) 1/2 tablet every 4 to 6 hours daily (2 – 5 years of age) 1/4 tablet every 4 to 6 hours daily For children less than 2 years of age, the drug is not advised unless specifically recommended by a physician.
Pseudoephedrine is contraindicated in * Hypersensitivity of individuals to this drug * Severe hypertension and coronary artery disease * Concurrent use of Mono Amine Oxidase Inhibitor (MAOI) drugs
Drug Precautions ::
Although Pseudoephedrine has virtually no pressor effects in normotensive patients, it should be used with caution in patients suffering mild to moderate hypertension. As with other sympathomimetic agents, Pseudoephedrine should be used with caution in patients with hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, elevated intraocular pressure and prostatic enlargement. Caution should be exercised when using the product in the presence of severe hepatic impairment or moderate to severe renal impairment.
Drug Side Effects ::
Serious adverse effects associated with the use of Pseudoephedrine are rare. Symptoms of central nervous system excitation may occur, including sleep disturbances and, rarely, hallucinations have been reported. Skin rashes, with or without irritation, have occasionally been reported.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pseudoephedrine is both an alpha-and beta-adrenergic receptor agonist. It causes vasoconstriction via direct stimulation of alpha-adrenergic receptors of the respiratory mucosa. It also directly stimulates beta-adrenergic receptors causing bronchial relaxation, increased heart rate and contractility.
Drug Interactions ::
Increased risk of hypertension and arrhythmias if given with cardiac glycosides, quinidine or TCAs. Increased risk of vasoconstrictor effects if given with ergot alkaloids or oxytocin. Co-admin with MAOIs may cause hypertensive crisis. Anaesthetics e.g. cyclopropane, halothane and other halogenated anaesthestics; antihypertensive agents.