Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ALORA Has Generic Salt :: Alprazolam
- 2 ALORA Is From Company SHINE PH. Priced :: Rs. 18.75
- 3 ALORA have Alprazolam is comes under Sub class Anxiolytics of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anxiolytics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ALORA Has Generic Salt :: Alprazolam
ALORA Is From Company SHINE PH. Priced :: Rs. 18.75
ALORA have Alprazolam is comes under Sub class Anxiolytics of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Anxiolytics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Anxiety disorders, Panic disorders, Nausea due to chemotherapy
Drug Dose ::
Oral Short-term management of anxiety Adult: 0.25-0.5 mg tid, increased to 3-4 mg daily if necessary. Elderly: Initially, 0.25 mg bid/tid. Hepatic impairment: Avoid in severe impairment. Panic attacks Adult: Up to 10 mg daily.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma, preexisting CNS depression or coma, resp depression, acute pulmonary insufficiency or sleep apnoea; severe hepatic impairment; pregnancy, lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Dosage reduction or gradual withdrawal. Dependence. Geriatric or debilitated patients. Muscle weakness, impaired hepatic or renal function; arteriosclerosis; obesity; depression particularly suicidal tendency; chronic pulmonary insufficiency. May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Children <18 yr. Drug Side Effects ::
Psychological and physical dependence, withdrawal syndrome; drowsiness, sedation, vertigo, headache, visual disturbances, GI disturbances, jaundice; fatigue, muscle weakness, ataxia, dizziness, confusion and depression. Potentially Fatal: Blood dyscrasias.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Alprazolam has anxiolytic, muscle-relaxant, anticonvulsant, antidepressant and sleep-modifying effects. It binds to the ? aminobutyric acid (GABA)-specific sites throughout the CNS, leading to an increase in the inhibitory effect of GABA on neuronal excitability. Increased neuronal permeability to chloride ions thus results in hyperpolarisation and stabilisation.
Drug Interactions ::
Potentiates action of alcohol and CNS depressants. Reduced conc with cigarette smoking by 50%. Potentially Fatal: Cimetidine and fluoxetine reduce the clearance of alprazolam. Alprazolam enhances activity of imipramine and desipramine.