Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name AMANTREL Has Generic Salt :: Amantadine
- 2 AMANTREL Is From Company Protec Priced :: Rs. 58.85
- 3 AMANTREL have Amantadine is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name AMANTREL Has Generic Salt :: Amantadine
AMANTREL Is From Company Protec Priced :: Rs. 58.85
AMANTREL have Amantadine is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Parkinson’s disease, Influenza, herpes zoster, drug-induced extrapyramidal reactions
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Influenza A 100 mg/day for 5 days. Prophylaxis of influenza A 100 mg/day for up to 6 wk. W/ influenza vaccination: up to 3 wk after vaccination. Elderly: >65 yr: Daily dose of <100 mg or 100 mg given at intervals >1 day. Child: 10-15 yr: 100 mg daily. Herpes zoster 100 mg twice daily for 14 days, may continue for another 14 days if pain persists. Parkinson’s disease100 mg/day, up to 100 mg twice daily 1 wk or more. Max: 400 mg/day. Renal impairment: CrCl (ml/min) >35 100 mg daily. 15-35 100 mg every 2-3 days. <15 Not recommended. Contraindication ::
Hypersensitivity. Pregnancy and lactation. Epilepsy or other seizure disorders, severe renal impairment and gastric ulceration.
Drug Precautions ::
Patients with CV or liver disease, impaired renal function, recurrent eczema. Elderly. Withdrawal of the drug should be gradual.
Drug Side Effects ::
Seizures, psychosis, hallucinations, confusion, ataxia, heart failure, depression, orthostatic hypotension, blood dyscrasias, urinary retention, irritability, GI disturbances, anorexia, livedo reticularis, ankle oedema. Potentially Fatal: Congestive heart failure, convulsions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Amantadine is a weak dopamine agonist possessing antimuscarinic properties. It alters dopamine release and re-uptake. It also noncompetitively antagonises N-methyl-D-aspartate. As an antiviral drug, it inhibits replication of influenza type A virus.
Drug Interactions ::
Enhances the adverse effects of antimuscarinics and levodopa. CNS stimulants, drugs that raise urinary pH. The concurrent use of Amantadine hydrochloride with live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV) intranasal has not been evaluated.