Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name AMBROLITE Has Generic Salt :: Ambroxol
- 2 AMBROLITE Is From Company TABLETS I. Priced :: Rs. 35.12
- 3 AMBROLITE have Ambroxol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name AMBROLITE Has Generic Salt :: Ambroxol
AMBROLITE Is From Company TABLETS I. Priced :: Rs. 35.12
AMBROLITE have Ambroxol is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Mucolytic, Productive cough, Acute and chronic inflammatory disorders of upper and lower respiratory tracts associated with viscid mucus including acute and chronic bronchitis, laryngitis, Pharyngitis, sinusitis and rhinitis associated with viscid mucus, Asthmatic bronchitis, bronchial asthma with thick expectoration, Bronchiectasis, Chronic pneumonia.
Drug Dose ::
Paediatric Drops : 0 – 6 months old – 0.5 ml, 2 times a day, 6 – 12 months old – 1 ml, 2 times a day, 1 – 2 years old -1.25 ml, 2 times a day. Syrup : 2 -5 years old – 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoonful), 2-3 times a day, 5 – 10 years old – 5 ml (1 teaspoonful), 2-3 times a day, 10 years old and adults – 10 ml (2 teaspoonful), 3 times a day. SR Capsule : Adults and children over 12 years old – 1 capsule, once daily
Contraindicated in known hypersensitivity to Ambroxol or Bromhexine.
Drug Precautions ::
Ambroxol should be given cautiously to patients with gastric and duodenal ulceration or convulsive disorders. Patients with hepatic and renal insufficiency should take it with caution.
Drug Side Effects ::
Mild GI effects and allergic reactions.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Ambroxol is a metabolite of Bromhexine. It possesses mucokinetic (improvement in mucus transport) and secretolytic (liquefies secretions) properties. Ambroxol stimulates the serous cells of the glands of the mucous membrane of bronchi, increasing the content of mucus secretion. The mucolytic effect is associated with depolymerization and splitting of mucoproteins and mucopolysaccharide fibres, which leads to reduction in the viscosity of mucus. Expectoration of mucus is facilitated and breathing is eased considerably. Ambroxol stimulates production of phospholipids of surfactant by alveolar cells. Ambroxol has anti-inflammatory properties. In patients with COPD, it improves airway patency.
Drug Interactions ::