Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name AMEBAMAGMA Has Generic Salt :: Tinidazole
- 2 AMEBAMAGMA Is From Company Wyeth Priced :: Rs. 8.55
- 3 AMEBAMAGMA have Tinidazole is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name AMEBAMAGMA Has Generic Salt :: Tinidazole
AMEBAMAGMA Is From Company Wyeth Priced :: Rs. 8.55
AMEBAMAGMA have Tinidazole is comes under Sub class Anti Amoebics of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Anti Amoebics
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Giardiasis, H. pylori infection, Surgical Prophylaxis, Bacterial vaginosis, Intestinal amoebiasis, Trichomoniasis, Acute necrotising ulcerative gingivitis, Hepatic amoebiasis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Bacterial vaginosis; Acute necrotising ulcerative gingivitis; Giardiasis; Trichomoniasis 2 g as single dose. Child: >3 yr 50-75 mg/kg as single dose, repeat if necessary. Max: 2 g/day. Bacterial vaginosis: May repeat the next day. Susceptible infections 2 g on 1st day, then 1 g once daily for 4-5 days. Surgical prophylaxis 2 g 12 hr pre-op. Eradication of H. pylori associated w/ peptic ulcer disease W/ clarithromycin and omeprazole: 500 mg twice daily for 7 days. Intestinal amoebiasis 2 g once daily for 2-3 days. Hepatic amoebiasis 1.5-2 g once daily for 3-6 days. Child: >3 yr 50-60 mg/kg daily for 3 consecutive days. Max: 2 g/day. IV Susceptible infections Initial: Infuse 800 mg, followed by 800 mg/day or 400 mg twice daily till PO can be given. Surgical prophylaxis 1.6 g as single infusion pre-op.
Blood dyscrasias, organic neurologic disorders, hypersensitivity to 5-nitroimidazole derivatives, porphyria. Lactation, pregnancy (1st trimester).
Drug Precautions ::
Alcohol should be avoided until 72 hr after stopping therapy. Discontinue if abnormal neurological signs (e.g. dizziness, incoordination, ataxia) develop. CNS diseases, pregnancy (2nd and 3rd trimester).
Drug Side Effects ::
Metallic taste, nausea, headache, vomiting, dark urine, flushing, anorexia, diarrhoea, tiredness, transient leucopenia. Potentially Fatal: Hypersensitivity.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Tinidazole, a 5-nitroimidazole derivative w/ antimicrobial actions similar to metronidazole, is active against both protozoa (e.g. Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lamblia) and obligate anaerobic bacteria. It damages DNA strands or inhibits DNA synthesis in microorganism.
Drug Interactions ::
May potentiate the effects of oral anticoagulants resulting to prolonged prothrombin time.