Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ANTIMINTH Has Generic Salt :: Pyrantel
- 2 ANTIMINTH Is From Company Unique Priced :: Rs. 7.41
- 3 ANTIMINTH have Pyrantel is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ANTIMINTH Has Generic Salt :: Pyrantel
ANTIMINTH Is From Company Unique Priced :: Rs. 7.41
ANTIMINTH have Pyrantel is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Enterobiasis, Ascariasis, Worm infections, Trichinosis
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Susceptible single or mixed worm infections 10 mg/kg as a single dose. Child: 10 mg/kg as a single dose. Adult: Ascariasis 5 mg/kg as a single dose. Max: 1 g/dose. Mass treatment of ascariasis 2.5 mg/kg as a single dose given 3-4 times/yr. Enterobiasis 10 mg/kg repeated once after 2-4 wk. Max: 1 g/dose. Trichinosis 10 mg/kg/day for 5 days.
Drug Precautions ::
Liver dysfunction, anaemia or severe malnutrition. Treat members in close contact with the patient.
Drug Side Effects ::
Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, drowsiness, insomnia, diarrhoea, tenesmus, SGOT elevations, headache, dizziness, rash.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pyrantel is effective against roundworms (Ascaris), threadworms (Enterobius), hookworms and Trichostrongylus. Not effective against whipworm. Acts by paralysing the worms which get detached and are excreted by intestinal peristalsis.
Drug Interactions ::
Potentially Fatal: Mutually antagonistic with piperazine.