Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name ATROPINE SULPHATE Has Generic Salt :: Atropine
- 2 ATROPINE SULPHATE Is From Company Samarth Priced :: Rs. 20.00/45.00
- 3 ATROPINE SULPHATE have Atropine is comes under Sub class Miscellaneous of Main Class Anti Infectives
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Miscellaneous
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name ATROPINE SULPHATE Has Generic Salt :: Atropine
ATROPINE SULPHATE Is From Company Samarth Priced :: Rs. 20.00/45.00
ATROPINE SULPHATE have Atropine is comes under Sub class Miscellaneous of Main Class Anti Infectives
Main Medicine Class:: Anti Infectives Sub Medicine Class :: Miscellaneous
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
|Atropine||INJ||Rs. 20.00/45.00||10/50;ML INJ|
Indications for Drugs ::
Bradycardia, Organophosphorus poisoning, Anesthesia adjunct
Drug Dose ::
Adult: IV Bradycardia 500 mcg every 3-5 mins. Total: 3 mg. IV/IM Organophosphorus poisoning 2 mg every 10-30 mins until muscarinic effects disappear or atropine toxicity appears. Child: 20 mcg/kg given every 5-10 minutes. IM/SC Premed in anesth 300-600 mcg 30-60 mins before anesth. Child: >20 kg: 300-600 mcg; 12-16 kg: 300 mcg; 7-9 kg: 200 mcg; >3 kg: 100 mcg. Doses to be given via IM/SC admin 30-60 minutes before anaesthesia. IV/IM/SC Poisoning or overdosage w/ compd having muscarinic actions 0.6-1 mg, repeat 2 hrly.
Glaucoma, chronic respiratory disease, sick sinus syndrome, thyrotoxicosis, cardiac failure, pyloric stenosis, prostatic hypertrophy.
Drug Precautions ::
Reflux oesophagitis, elderly, infants and children. Pregnancy.
Drug Side Effects ::
Dry mouth, dysphagia, constipation, flushing and dryness of skin, tachycardia, palpitations, arrhythmias, mydriasis, photophobia, cycloplegia, raised intraocular pressure. Toxic doses cause tachycardia, hyperpyrexia, restlessness, confusion, excitement, hallucinations, delirium and may progress to circulatory failure and resp depression. Eye drops: Systemic toxicity esp in children, on prolonged use may lead to irritation, hyperaemia, oedema and conjunctivitis. Increased intraocular pressure. Inhalation: Dryness of mouth, throat. Potentially Fatal: Atrial arrhythmias, AV dissociation, multiple ventricular ectopics.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Atropine is an anticholinergic agent which competitively blocks the muscarinic receptors in peripheral tissues such as the heart, intestines, bronchial muscles, iris and secretory glands. Some central stimulation may occur. Atropine abolishes bradycardia and reduces heart block due to vagal activity. Smooth muscles in the bronchi and gut are relaxed while glandular secretions are reduced. It also has mydriatic and cycloplegic effect.
Drug Interactions ::
Additive anticholinergic effects with quinidine, antidepressants and some antihistamines.