Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name AVIL Has Generic Salt :: Pheniramine
- 2 AVIL Is From Company Sanofi Aventis Priced :: Rs. 3.98
- 3 AVIL have Pheniramine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name AVIL Has Generic Salt :: Pheniramine
AVIL Is From Company Sanofi Aventis Priced :: Rs. 3.98
AVIL have Pheniramine is comes under Sub class #N/A of Main Class #N/A
Main Medicine Class:: #N/A Sub Medicine Class :: #N/A
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Allergic conjunctivitis, Allergic conditions, Motion sickness
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Allergic conditions; Prevention of motion sickness As maleate: Syr: 15-30 mg 2-3 times/day. Tab: Up to 45 mg 3 times/day. Max: 3 mg/kg/day. For motion sickness prevention: Take 1st dose at least 30 mins before travelling. Children aged 1-3 years: Half a measuring spoonful 2 or 3 times daily. Children aged 4-12 years: 1 measuring spoonful 2 or 3 times daily.
Symptomatic prostatic hypertrophy; neonates and premature infants.
Drug Precautions ::
May impair ability to drive or operate machinery. Has potential for abuse. Narrow angle glaucoma, asthma or severe CV disease. Antiemetic effect may mask signs of other conditions. Pregnancy and lactation. Elderly.
Drug Side Effects ::
Oral: Sedation. Hypersensitivity reactions. Lassitude, dizziness, tinnitus, inability to concentrate, incoordination, irritability, insomnia and tremors. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, colic, epigastric pain, anorexia, dryness of mouth and constipation. Urinary retention. Palpitations, headache. Blurred vision, increased intraocular pressure. Muscular weakness. Rarely, blood dyscrasias e.g. agranulocytosis, haemolytic anaemia. Ophthalmic: Temporarily enlarged pupils, eye redness (overuse).
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Pheniramine is an alkylamine derivative with histamine H1-receptor antagonist effects. It also has anticholinergic and moderate sedative effects.
Drug Interactions ::
May mask ototoxicity produced by aminoglycoside antibiotics. Potentially Fatal: Potentiation of CNS depression by alcohol, sedatives, opioids, barbiturates, hypnotics, narcoleptics. May increase antimuscarinic effect of MAOIs, atropine and TCAs.