Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name B CRIP Has Generic Salt :: Bromocriptine
- 2 B CRIP Is From Company Solvay Ph. Priced :: Rs. 45.50/86.80
- 3 B CRIP have Bromocriptine is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name B CRIP Has Generic Salt :: Bromocriptine
B CRIP Is From Company Solvay Ph. Priced :: Rs. 45.50/86.80
B CRIP have Bromocriptine is comes under Sub class Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders of Main Class Nervous System
Main Medicine Class:: Nervous System Sub Medicine Class :: Drugs for Neurodegenerative Disorders
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Parkinson’s disease, Galactorrhoea; Hypogonadism; Infertility, acromegaly, Lactation suppression, benign breast and menstrual disorders, Amenorrhea, hyperprolactinaemia .
Drug Dose ::
Adult: PO Parkinson’s disease As adjunct to levodopa: 1st wk: 1-1.25 mg at night, 2nd wk: 2-2.5 mg at night; 3rd wk: 2.5 mg twice daily; 4th wk: 2.5 mg 3 times/day, then increase as needed. Maintenance: 10-40 mg/day. Galactorrhoea; Hypogonadism; Infertility 1-1.25 mg at bedtime, increase gradually. Max: 30 mg/day. Adjunct to surgery and radiotherapy in patients w/ acromegaly Initial: 2.5 mg twice daily, increase slowly, up to 5 mg 6 hrly if needed. Lactation suppression 2.5 mg/day for 2-3 days, up to 2.5 mg twice daily for 14 days. Prevention of puerperal lactation 2.5 mg on the day of delivery, then 2.5 mg twice daily for 14 days. Cyclical benign breast and menstrual disorders 2.5 mg twice daily.
Breast carcinoma, hypersensitivity to ergot alkaloids, uncontrolled hypertension, severe ischaemic heart disease. Pregnancy and lactation.
Drug Precautions ::
Increased risk of conception, patients with peptic ulcer, diabetes, diabetic retinopathy, impaired hepatic or renal function, pleuropulmonary signs and symptoms, history of psychosis, CV disease, dementia or concurrent antihypertensive therapy, ability to drive vehicles or operating machinery may be impaired.
Drug Side Effects ::
Nausea, vomiting, gastric haemorrhage (acromegaly), dizziness, headache, drowsiness, depression, postural hypotension, nasal congestion, pleural effusion, mania, ataxia. High doses produce confusion, hallucinations, delirium, psychosis.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Bromocriptine is a dopamine D2 and D3-agonist which works by activating postsynaptic dopamine receptors in the tuberoinfundibular and nigrostriatal pathways. It also inhibits the secretion of prolactin from the anterior pituitary and is used in the treatment of prolactinoma and in endocrinological disorders.
Drug Interactions ::
Bioavailability increased if given along with erythromycin. Alcohol reduces tolerance to bromocriptine and vice-versa. Effects of antihypertensives may be potentiated. Avoid concurrent psychotropics.