Article Contents ::
- 1 The Brand Name BACLOF Has Generic Salt :: Baclofen
- 2 BACLOF Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 160
- 3 BACLOF have Baclofen is comes under Sub class Skeletal Muscle Relaxants of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
- 4 Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
- 5 Disclaimer ::
- 6 The Information available on this site is for only Informational Purpose , before any use of this information please consult your Doctor .Price of the drugs indicated above may not match to real price due to many possible reasons may , including local taxes etc.. These are only approximate indicative prices of the drug.
The Brand Name BACLOF Has Generic Salt :: Baclofen
BACLOF Is From Company Intas Priced :: Rs. 160
BACLOF have Baclofen is comes under Sub class Skeletal Muscle Relaxants of Main Class Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain
Main Medicine Class:: Musculoskeletal Disorders , Pain Sub Medicine Class :: Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
|Salt Name : OR Generic Name||Form||Price : MRP /Probable||Packing|
Indications for Drugs ::
Pain, Chronic muscle spasticity, Multiple sclerosis, Spasm, Stiffness, Low back pain
Drug Dose ::
Oral Severe chronic spasticity Adult: Initially, 5 mg tid for 3 days increased to 10 mg tid for 3 days, then in similar increments and intervals until either 20 mg tid is reached or until desired effect is obtained. Max: 100 mg daily. Child: 0.75-2 mg/kg daily. May initiate with 2.5 mg 4 times daily, increased gradually every 3 days until desired effect is obtained. Maintenance: 6-10 yr: 30-60 mg daily; 2-6 yr: 20-30 mg daily; 12 mth-2 yr: 10-20 mg daily. Max: >10 yr: 2.5 mg/kg daily. Elderly: Initiate with lower doses.
Hypersensitivity. Active peptic ulcer disease.
Drug Precautions ::
Cerebrovascular disorders, epilepsy, severe psychotic disorders, confusional states, history of peptic ulcer, resp depression, diabetes (DM), hepatic or renal impairment, elderly, pregnancy. Avoid sudden withdrawal.
Drug Side Effects ::
Sedation, drowsiness, ataxia, dizziness, headache, confusion, hallucinations, skin reactions, GI symptoms, enuresis. Potentially Fatal: Respiratory or CV depression, seizures.
Pregnancy category ::
Drug Mode of Action ::
Baclofen is an antispastic. It inhibits both monosynaptic and polysynaptic reflexes at spinal level.
Drug Interactions ::
Hypotensive effect may be increased with antihypertensives. Concomittant use with levodopa in Parkinson patients may result in confusion, agitation, hallucinations. Potentially Fatal: CNS depressants and alcohol may potentiate CNS effects.